Thread: NCAAA Final
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

2nd Half Notes:

First of all I thought overall the officials did a great job! Anything that I mention are just small observations.

17:22
Great call by Lead. I was surprised that the C did not call this.

16:27
Oden keeps pulling himself up on the rim and slapping the backcoard. This tells me to NOT call this in my college games because if they are not calling it in the Final Four or the Championship game then it must not want to be called.

15:31
Oden hits the ball AGAIN after a made basket. This NEEDS to be called for at least a warning!

14:13
Good call by C, the play opens up to him and he calls it even though it is across the paint.

12:10
Good call by Hess in C.

10:30
C drops down when the play comes to him instead of rotating up. I've noticed this a number of times in the tournament. Is this taught in some areas? I have always gone to the high side when the ball swings around.

5:15
Was the player OOB or was the timeout not granted? If he was not OOB then it should have been Florida's ball because he was not airborne when requesting a timeout.

2:31
Great call, possibly an intentional foul with the red player tripping the white player when he was shooting. (The red player was on the ground.)