Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 04:58pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmitage
How about trying to give an honest answer rather than be a wise ***? Why didn't they hit him with a T when he was doing chin ups and kicking his shoes into other players' faces?
Because they haven't called this T all year, especially in the tournament. We've all asked the same question, go check out the relevant thread on it.

I'm being a wise-a$$ because you're accusing the refs of cheating.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Oden, and any other player, who does a chin up on the rim while dunking should be hit with a foul, no questions asked, and that malarky would stop pronto. It makes me sick when I see officials allow this kind of garbage. It is not part of the game. If guys like Nevadaref and the rest are going cite chapter and verse from the rule book how can they possibly defend the officials allowing this? Corbett and crew should get some courage and stop that nonsense in its tracks. It was lucky Oden didn't kick anyone in the face. And the only reason he didn't is because the others players got "the message" early on. Oden is a looming star, don't mess.
THIS IS NOT DUE TO THE OFFICIALS PERSONALLY ALLOWING IT. IT IS BECAUSE THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO CALL IT FROM THEIR SUPERVISORS. SO PLEASE WHINE ABOUT THE SUPERVISORS AND/OR COACHES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES DICTATING THIS!
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
THIS IS NOT DUE TO THE OFFICIALS PERSONALLY ALLOWING IT. IT IS BECAUSE THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO CALL IT FROM THEIR SUPERVISORS. SO PLEASE WHINE ABOUT THE SUPERVISORS AND/OR COACHES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES DICTATING THIS!
I made this point in an earlier post. I realize they are only the foot soldiers, following orders.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:33pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I just want to see an unbiased, fairly officiated game.
I'd like to see an unbiased, fair fanboy too.

Note: that ain't you, fer sure.

You obviously don't know anything about officiating. Why don't you take your prejudices to a fan site. That's where you belong, not here.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
Nobody has commented on this, did anyone else see this? I am not saying that in this particular play that a 10 second call should have been called, although by rule it could have been called, BUT what I don't think is a good idea is to run ahead of the ball handler ESPECIALLY if he's not looking over his shoulder officiating him.
Yes, I saw it. I see a lot of DI officials do this. My thing is it had no bearing on the outcome of the game, but from a mechanic standpoint, it's bad and something I clearly will not do if given the opportunity. There is a reason they call it the Trail.

In the overall sceme of things, you got a DI player bringing the ball up the court with no pressure on him. Let me get on up the court and get in position for where I need to be. I can go with the shot clock to tell when he needs to be in the frontcourt. What are the changes that a DI player double dribbles, carry the ball from the BC to the FC with no pressure on him? Very very slim. I think it's wrong but here's the deal, he's working the game and you and me is watching the game. Knowing how hard it is to get to this level, I'm sure he has paid his dues and has earn the right to work the game the way he's feels the most comfortable. IOW, it's his game to screw-up. Everything worked out though.

I don't understand why you guys are so upset with the officiating of this game. This was a great game to watch. The players from both teams where so good, they overcame any shortcomings from the officials. Oden got to play, didn't have to sit out because of foul trouble which probably hurt Ohio State more then it helped them. They're are use to him being on the bench in the 1st half and having to step up to carry the load. Doesn't matter who referee'd that game, the results where going to be the same. Florida State came to play. They deserved to be champions, they played like champions, unselfish. Rarely do we see a team this good and that dominate.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I'd like to see an unbiased, fair fanboy too.

Note: that ain't you, fer sure.

You obviously don't know anything about officiating. Why don't you take your prejudices to a fan site. That's where you belong, not here.
Get a life, JR. Go dog somebody else.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 05:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Get a life, JR. Go dog somebody else.
Sorry, but I get sick of know-nothing, jerkoff fanboys who wouldn't know a rulebook if it jumped up and kicked them in the azz. Clowns like you and your departed buddy get old real quick. And your personal "past-due date" was hours ago imo.

You're just another La-Z-Boy Warrior. We get 'em here every year about this time.

Now, why don't you go dog the officials somewhere else?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Sorry, but I get sick of know-nothing, jerkoff fanboys who wouldn't know a rulebook if it jumped up and kicked them in the azz. Clowns like you and your departed buddy get old real quick. And your personal "past-due date" was hours ago imo.

You're just another La-Z-Boy Warrior. We get 'em here every year about this time.

Now, why don't you go dog the officials somewhere else?
You must be in the penitentiary with the attitude you have and the number of hours you have logged on this site.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:11pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
You must be in the penitentiary with the attitude you have and the number of hours you have logged on this site.
Shoo, shoo.....
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:16pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Whose Country Is This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ZOtlQJnqI
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:18pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
In addition, Corbett was totally inconsistent with the way the rest of the tournament had been called, which is why I reached the conclusion I did. Again, I tip my hat to Donovan. He obviously made it clear to his players what the scenarios might be, mentally preparing them for possible outcomes. They kept their composure and he wisely distributed the fouls among various players once he saw how the game was going to be officiated.

Look, I'm no Gator fan. In fact, I would have loved to see UNC win it. I just want to see an unbiased, fairly officiated game. The officials should be there to ensure the game is played fairly, by the rules, with no advantage given to one team over another.
Let me get this straight. Are you accusing Corbett of unfairly officiating this game with bias?

Last edited by Adam; Tue Apr 03, 2007 at 06:27pm.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Let me get this straight. Are you accusing Corbett with unfairly officiating this game with bias?
If you could learn to use proper English I just might give you an answer.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Oh good.

You refuse to answer him because he (in your opinion) lacks credibility due to his poor English skillz (that's how you ballaz spell it I believe).

Some of us believe you lack enough basketball credibility to discuss rules issues with you.

Stupid monkey.

Go back to your beer & clicker.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Well, truth be known he's serving 6-12 for killing an annoying fanboy.

He got a lenient sentence for obvious reasons.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I've corrected the only potential grammatical error in my post, just to call you on your cheap bluff. Now answer the question.

If you're going to challenge my grammar on "of" verses "with," that's your right. Other than that, my English was quite proper in that post.