Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC22
I've played a lot of basketball, both high school and college. You needn't attempt to denigrate my observations by classifying me as simply "joe fan." In fact that tells a great deal about your mindset regarding those who are watching this great game.
Playing is not officiating. You look at the game from a biased point of view. This is a forum for officials. You are more than entitled to your uneducated opinion, but you probably won't get anyone here to agree. Go out, contact your state, become an official, work some games, then come back with an opinion and we might give you some credibility. Until then, you are in the wrong place to complain.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Who moderates this thread?

Who is the person moderating this thread? Why would 'Dan ref' be allowed to make an obscene post, as he did with post #25?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmitage
Who is the person moderating this thread? Why would 'Dan ref' be allowed to make an obscene post, as he did with post #25?
You are new here.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

I didn't see anything obscene. I'm actually impressed with his restraint on this thread, but that's what happens when fans show up.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What makes it obscene?

Is it because the monkey isn't wearing pants?

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
You are new here.

Peace
Yes, I just registered. The site was brought to my attention by a friend just a few minutes ago who was banned from the site for expressing his opinion on the final game last night. He said he had registered as BC22. Is dissent not allowed on this site?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I don't see anything obscene. Just a monkey cleaning the sleep out of his eyes.

If your talking about his foot, he is holding his right foot's toe..............I think
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, I just registered. The site was brought to my attention by a friend just a few minutes ago who was banned from the site for expressing his opinion on the final game last night. He said he had registered as BC22. Is dissent not allowed on this site?
Sure your friend.................
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, dissent is all over this place, but as you might have noticed it is an "Official's Forum" not a place for fans to come complain. Your friend was here complaining about things he doesn't understand because he is not an official and evidently the moderators decided we didn't need him around. This time of year we always get some fans that want to whine about calls and that isn't welcome here. Now if you are a fan or official and you want to ask an intelligient question about the rules of basketball and how they are applied, we welcome you...until you start acting like an ignorant fan.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:37am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Great! They're like rabbits.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Im gonna catch me a Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
At least rabbits are cute and cuddly.

Who wants some cheese with all this Whine?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Yes, dissent is all over this place, but as you might have noticed it is an "Official's Forum" not a place for fans to come complain. Your friend was here complaining about things he doesn't understand because he is not an official and evidently the moderators decided we didn't need him around. This time of year we always get some fans that want to whine about calls and that isn't welcome here. Now if you are a fan or official and you want to ask an intelligient question about the rules of basketball and how they are applied, we welcome you...until you start acting like an ignorant fan.
You say this is an "Official's Forum." Is it associated or linked to any official organization of officials or is it a site where a guy or a group of guys who officiate, either part time or full time, wanted to chat with their buddies, and decided to start a forum?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Thanks for the laugh!
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You say this is an "Official's Forum." Is it associated or linked to any official organization of officials or is it a site where a guy or a group of guys who officiate, either part time or full time, wanted to chat with their buddies, and decided to start a forum?
The Official Organization of OAOS. (Officials Against Old School)
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That is exactly what this is. Fans that want to whine are not treated very well around here. We hear enough of that from the stands in the regular season. Like I said, we welcome intelligent questions, but if you want to whine about how the game was called, find a place where the rest of the Florida fans are talking and go there.
Closed Thread