The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

AAU game fees

I'm sure this has been discussed but I can not fing it. What do AAuUgames pay in the different areas in which everyone works? Whatever it is it is not enough but I was wondering what people were being charged per game per official. Thanks.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

San Francisco/Bay Area region - $25 - $35 / game. Keep in mind we are paying $3.69 for a gallon of gas (premium)
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 04:48pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

$27.50/game here.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
$27.50/game here.
Do you usually get game fees after each game?
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
San Francisco/Bay Area region - $25 - $35 / game. Keep in mind we are paying $3.69 for a gallon of gas (premium)
If you have a car that requires premium (and very few actually do) you can afford the gas at any price. If you're buying premium for a car that doesn't require it, you're only making the oil companies richer.

Otherwise, quote the price of gas that doesn't sensationalize the price beyond what most people should be paying.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
If you have a car that requires premium (and very few actually do) you can afford the gas at any price. If you're buying premium for a car that doesn't require it, you're only making the oil companies richer.

Otherwise, quote the price of gas that doesn't sensationalize the price beyond what most people should be paying.
You're right CR - I'm passionate about pumping premium and would much rather curtail driving than switching to lower grades. Although on average officials are paid more in this region, our cost of living is also higher. Just because we get more per game, it doesn't mean we profit more.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

In the St. Louis area we get $20-25 per game. Many of the games are either 18 or 20 minute running clocks where ther stop only in the last 2 minutes of the second half. They can schedule games on the hour and it usually runs on-time. Last year was almost all at $20 but already some this year are at $25 and I hope by next year all will be there.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 06:46pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
$30 per game. Last weekend--all girls games--had a running clock with no pressing by a team leading by 20 or more. That rule came into play all 3 games but only twice in the first half. The good part is games got done early and I bet that at least one loud-mouthed parent missed part of a game.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 04:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
You're right CR - I'm passionate about pumping premium and would much rather curtail driving than switching to lower grades.
What tangible benefits? Your car actually requires premium?

Anyway, here in the impoverished South we were paid $17/game on the spot last year, 20-minute halves with a running clock... we'll see what this summer brings - the wreck league pay seems to have gone up a few bucks.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnzebra
I'm sure this has been discussed but I can not fing it. What do AAuUgames pay in the different areas in which everyone works? Whatever it is it is not enough but I was wondering what people were being charged per game per official. Thanks.
$22-25 in the Greater Atlanta area. No running clock unless the mercy rule is hit (double the age group) after halftime.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Wow...I'm feeling better about sticking with volleyball after seeing what you all get paid per game.

Last edited by FMadera; Tue Apr 03, 2007 at 10:50am.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Rugby referee gets $50 per match. Two 40 minute halves for guys, 30 min halves for gals...works out to be roughly the same $/minute as basketball, I guess. However, the two rugby line judges work for free.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellnier
Rugby referee gets $50 per match. Two 40 minute halves for guys, 30 min halves for gals...works out to be roughly the same $/minute as basketball, I guess. However, the two rugby line judges work for free.

Girls play rugby??

Rugby.. Outdoors in the elements?? Basketball... Indoors in a climate controlled environment?? I'll take the latter.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Generally in Northern Virginia, the game fees vary from $25 to $35 as well. I choose to drive economy car for games, so regular at $265 per gallon. We also get paid after the games are completed by the assignor. And yes I get a 1099..
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 02:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

We used to get a-buck-a-dollar-ten, but then it went up to a-dollar-two-ninety-eight and last year it escalated all the way up to a-buck-three-eighty! Soon I'll be able to afford a pair of those new AirDieblers!