The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Who's going where?

Anybody know who is at which regional sites this weekend?

I have tickets to the New Orleans games tomorrow, just wondering who I might be watching.

This is always a fun time of year, for sure!
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

That Arizona-Purdue game should be good, I'm really looking forward to the Nevada -Creighton game.

Does anyone know which refs are at which site? That is what I was wondering about.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Guy
Does anyone know which refs are at which site? That is what I was wondering about.
Yes, someone knows.

Glad I could help.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That's super-secret information that I used to have access to. Unfortunately, this year, you're going to have to either have a friend in the know (occasionally, the guys picked will tell some of their friends - occasionally works its way onto this board) or wait until CBS announces the officials right before tip-off.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

ill be working the purdue game -- it will be 2 man because of scheduling problems but my partner will be jon diebler -- hes going to work endline to endline (because he can) and i will just shimmy and shake from Trail to Trail. should be fun as he also wants to stay table side the whole game because him and the Purdue coach LOVE talking about philosophy and its transition from classical to modern with its impact on current global policies.

He's the most well rounded official I have ever met. This one time I remember we made a bet that he could get the coach extremly fired up at him and then get him to laugh 10 seconds later -- sure enough I thought the coach was going to earn himself a T however next thing I know he was laughing so hard. Next time down the court (this coach is very famous and his knickname is coachK) a cocktail waitress is giving Diebler a nice cold brew from the coach. lucky for us there was a break in the action as we were about to shoot free throws so he had 30 seconds to enjoy it. good times -- he even let one of the players try it and everyone had fun.

purdue arizona should be fun -- anyone want to make any call requests?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Look for most of the Western officials (PAC-10, WCC, Mtn Wst) to be in Buffalo, NY. Dick Cartmell, Dave Libbey, Mark Reichling, Mike Syphers et al. For some reason the NCAA likes to send officials from one coast to the other.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 11:08am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref
Look for most of the Western officials (PAC-10, WCC, Mtn Wst) to be in Buffalo, NY. Dick Cartmell, Dave Libbey, Mark Reichling, Mike Syphers et al. For some reason the NCAA likes to send officials from one coast to the other.
I knew it! Buffalo is on the coast. HAH!
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Called it

R - Libbey and U2 - Syphers are on the Maryland-Davidson game.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 04:39pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I'm going to the regional in New Diebler, Washington to see the division 4Q matchup between the Sam Houston Institute of Technology and the Frankfort Undergraduate College of Kentucky.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
purdue arizona should be fun -- anyone want to make any call requests?
I've always wanted to see a multiple foul . . .
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

By the way, Sam Houston's fight song is biggest hit in these parts.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 06:25pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
That's super-secret information that I used to have access to. Unfortunately, this year, you're going to have to either have a friend in the know (occasionally, the guys picked will tell some of their friends - occasionally works its way onto this board) or wait until CBS announces the officials right before tip-off.
A qualifier: Billy Packer of CBS is rarely in the know. But you knew that already.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That Arizona-Purdue game should be good, I'm really looking forward to the Nevada -Creighton game.

Just for the heck of it, I think I will pull for Creighton since I am sitting in lovely downtown Omaha at the moment. 80 degrees on Tuesday and 41 degrees today --- damned windy place.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:23pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref
R - Libbey and U2 - Syphers are on the Maryland-Davidson game.
That is interesting. Libbey was the alternate on the Duke-VCU game.