The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Who's going where? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32773-whos-going-where.html)

The New Guy Thu Mar 15, 2007 07:47am

Who's going where?

Anybody know who is at which regional sites this weekend?

I have tickets to the New Orleans games tomorrow, just wondering who I might be watching.

This is always a fun time of year, for sure!

mick Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:46am

Have some fun! :)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="103%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaText>
New Orleans Arena
New Orleans
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The New Guy Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:55am

That Arizona-Purdue game should be good, I'm really looking forward to the Nevada -Creighton game.

Does anyone know which refs are at which site? That is what I was wondering about.

bob jenkins Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Guy
Does anyone know which refs are at which site? That is what I was wondering about.

Yes, someone knows.

Glad I could help. ;)

Mark Dexter Thu Mar 15, 2007 09:32am

Quote:

That's super-secret information that I used to have access to. Unfortunately, this year, you're going to have to either have a friend in the know (occasionally, the guys picked will tell some of their friends - occasionally works its way onto this board) or wait until CBS announces the officials right before tip-off.

deecee Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:44am

ill be working the purdue game -- it will be 2 man because of scheduling problems but my partner will be jon diebler -- hes going to work endline to endline (because he can) and i will just shimmy and shake from Trail to Trail. should be fun as he also wants to stay table side the whole game because him and the Purdue coach LOVE talking about philosophy and its transition from classical to modern with its impact on current global policies.

He's the most well rounded official I have ever met. This one time I remember we made a bet that he could get the coach extremly fired up at him and then get him to laugh 10 seconds later -- sure enough I thought the coach was going to earn himself a T however next thing I know he was laughing so hard. Next time down the court (this coach is very famous and his knickname is coachK) a cocktail waitress is giving Diebler a nice cold brew from the coach. lucky for us there was a break in the action as we were about to shoot free throws so he had 30 seconds to enjoy it. good times -- he even let one of the players try it and everyone had fun.

purdue arizona should be fun -- anyone want to make any call requests?

dahoopref Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:00am

Look for most of the Western officials (PAC-10, WCC, Mtn Wst) to be in Buffalo, NY. Dick Cartmell, Dave Libbey, Mark Reichling, Mike Syphers et al. For some reason the NCAA likes to send officials from one coast to the other.

Adam Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref
Look for most of the Western officials (PAC-10, WCC, Mtn Wst) to be in Buffalo, NY. Dick Cartmell, Dave Libbey, Mark Reichling, Mike Syphers et al. For some reason the NCAA likes to send officials from one coast to the other.

I knew it! Buffalo is on the coast. HAH!

dahoopref Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:26am

Called it

R - Libbey and U2 - Syphers are on the Maryland-Davidson game.

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:39pm

I'm going to the regional in New Diebler, Washington to see the division 4Q matchup between the Sam Houston Institute of Technology and the Frankfort Undergraduate College of Kentucky. ;)

Mark Dexter Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee
purdue arizona should be fun -- anyone want to make any call requests?

I've always wanted to see a multiple foul . . .

FrankHtown Thu Mar 15, 2007 05:32pm

By the way, Sam Houston's fight song is biggest hit in these parts.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 15, 2007 06:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
That's super-secret information that I used to have access to. Unfortunately, this year, you're going to have to either have a friend in the know (occasionally, the guys picked will tell some of their friends - occasionally works its way onto this board) or wait until CBS announces the officials right before tip-off.

A qualifier: Billy Packer of CBS is rarely in the know. But you knew that already.

dblref Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:43pm

Quote:

That Arizona-Purdue game should be good, I'm really looking forward to the Nevada -Creighton game.

Just for the heck of it, I think I will pull for Creighton since I am sitting in lovely downtown Omaha at the moment. 80 degrees on Tuesday and 41 degrees today --- damned windy place.

tomegun Thu Mar 15, 2007 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref
R - Libbey and U2 - Syphers are on the Maryland-Davidson game.

That is interesting. Libbey was the alternate on the Duke-VCU game.