The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 04:46pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Yeah, seems very innocent and just another run of the mill inadvertent whstle, except...when the C kills the play to tell the T that 10 seconds came off the shot clock the offense gets a fresh new 10 seconds if the T disagrees. Not a can of worms you need to be opening IMO.
Dan, this is not what I was talking about at all in the passage you quoted. In that post, the Trail has called a 10-second violation with 28 seconds showing on the shot clock. In that situation, the ball is already dead, so the C is not killing the play as you state.

After the ball is dead, the C might reasonably go to the Trail and say "The clock only ran off 7 seconds. Are you sure about your 10 count?" At that point, the Trail can say, "Yes, the clock started late" or "#$*%, my bad."

Do you think that's unreasonable? (Honest question, not baiting.)
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Dan, this is not what I was talking about at all in the passage you quoted. In that post, the Trail has called a 10-second violation with 28 seconds showing on the shot clock. In that situation, the ball is already dead, so the C is not killing the play as you state.

After the ball is dead, the C might reasonably go to the Trail and say "The clock only ran off 7 seconds. Are you sure about your 10 count?" At that point, the Trail can say, "Yes, the clock started late" or "#$*%, my bad."

Do you think that's unreasonable? (Honest question, not baiting.)
OK. We can agree that *my* comments are valid, right?

Now to your play (which I agree I misread)...I gotta say if Coach A isn't up screaming his azz off that I screwed it up (as I expect he would be 99% of the time) and you come in to plead his case I'm gonna be pissed at you.

So no. MYOB.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:24pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
OK. We can agree that *my* comments are valid, right?
I think so. Unless you're saying that the 10-second call should never come from the C; in which case, I disagree.

Quote:
I gotta say if Coach A isn't up screaming his azz off that I screwed it up (as I expect he would be 99% of the time) and you come in to plead his case I'm gonna be pissed at you.
And if he is up and screaming, you already know it and you're gonna bite the bullet and go IW?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I think so. Unless you're saying that the 10-second call should never come from the C; in which case, I disagree.
Reread my post and you'll see what I was saying. It's pretty clear.
Quote:

And if he is up and screaming, you already know it and you're gonna bite the bullet and go IW?
With the the shot clock at 28?

I'm pretty sure I won't have a 10 second whistle unless I know it's right and I can explain it.

(And if you decide to come in and help the coach argue his case I'm gonna be pissed at you )