The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 07:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
I'm still torn as to if I did the right thing - maybe just because I feel bad for the kids on Team B that really didn't do anything wrong, but I know that shouldn't influence my decision.
First of all, taking there jersey's off and throwing it into the stands before the game is over is wrong. 2nd, once you addressed and confirmed the score, you're done discussing it. If the coach still disagrees, you need to access a technical. 3rd, this was a game that went bad. Time to put it behind you. You are better than what you got this day. I would not work anymore games in this place and I would let the person know who assigned me why. Seek better places to work.
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 08:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Yabut, what if they missed all their free throws, couldn't inbound the call and got a 5 second violation, and then hit a last second shot?
Didn't matter, Tanner.
On my floor they weren't shootin' anyway.
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

My partner and I called a game a few years ago. under 30 seconds to go, Home team up by 8. Visitors are fouling intentionally to foul out of the game, we fouled 2 players out and after the 3rd player with 4 fouls fouled the home team, we call the game, they we making a travesty of the game.
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=DC_Ref12]
I've had enough, and I already have 3 technicals (1 on Team B's bench for B1 jawing, another on Team B's bench for the jerseys, and 1 on Team B's coach for his comments and being up in my face.)

Three technicals one direct two indirect. Coach ejected, no other adult on the sideline to finish the game. FORFEIT!! Is that about right?.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 12:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Now coach goes nuclear

I like that
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

In the local Mens "Wreck" League, three T's on the same team is an automatic forfeit.

Two nights ago, upon getting a foul called for blocking, a player grabbed the ball and slammed it against the wall near the scoreboard. My partner T'd him.

As he walked by me he turned to face me and said, "You guys are f@#king brutal." T number two. He has to leave the facility.

As he's leaving, another teammate walks towards me and says, "Why don't you a$$holes just give the game to those guys?"

I replied, "Didn't anyone ever tell you to be careful of what you ask for?" and presented him with a T....number three for the team, game over.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Church leagues exist to provide fellowship, give lesser players a chance to play ball, encourage physical activity, teach sportsmanship and other life lessons. They are not the NBA finals (although many participants may not buy that). Often teams are coached by underqualified volunteers. If the game gets that out of control, and especially if the "adult leaders" get that out of control, the game has ceased to accomplish any of the purposes for which it was begun. Time to end it, without question.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Unless I misread the post, putting time up on the clock benefitted Team B...otherwise game is over..

There is nothing wrong with calling the game...

When players and coaches decide they dont want to play, end the game. I have called several games (AAU, rec games, etc) over the past few years,

In one game that had some trouble, I asked the captain of the team if they wanted to continue playing because of the nonsense that was going on. When he said no, game was over...

Had a couple of others that thy started doing stupid things like described in the original post. When they dont want to play basketball the game is done...
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 08:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
In the local Mens "Wreck" League, three T's on the same team is an automatic forfeit.
I love this guy, thanks for coming over from the baseball forum. You just said two things that I just love. One is WRECK LEAGUE! Now that's classic! From hence forward it will now be termed wreck league. #2.) 3 technicals on the same team at about the same time and the game is over. I love that too. Damn you're good!!! You've been there, I have nothing but respect and bow my head down to you!!!! BTW, can I use that 3 technicals and it's over?
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 08:31pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I love this guy, thanks for coming over from the baseball forum. You just said two things that I just love. One is WRECK LEAGUE! Now that's classic! From hence forward it will now be termed wreck league. #2.) 3 technicals on the same team at about the same time and the game is over. I love that too. Damn you're good!!! You've been there, I have nothing but respect and bow my head down to you!!!! BTW, can I use that 3 technicals and it's over?
Garth, he's serious too....

It's true, it's true.....

I think that you have to adopt him now. It says so in the FAQ somewhere, I think.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
BTW, can I use that 3 technicals and it's over?
You can if it's part of the written rules in your area as it is for the wreck leagues here.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Garth, he's serious too....

It's true, it's true.....

I think that you have to adopt him now. It says so in the FAQ somewhere, I think.
Okay, if I have to. I think I can find a job that he's capable of handling...doorstop, maybe.