The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 05:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy
I started a post in early December about 'squeeking shoes' while A1 is attempting Free Throws. I called a disconcerting violation. There are many forms of disconcerting.
Pay close attention to B1 if they are standing behind Free Throw shooter A1. Sometimes they may be talking to the shooter. Kids are tricky.
That's another reason for Trail to stand 1/2-way between the sideline and free throw lane; you can hear stuff as well as see stuff.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 06:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindofficial
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a violation to have someone from Team B claps his hands in attempt to get Team A to miss his free throw shot? Team B claps while Team A start his motion to shoot the free throw. Team B is located at the top of the three point line, just behind the Team A free throw shooter.

Violation? Yes/no?
I had a situation a couple of nights ago where B 33 is shooting Free-throws. During the shooting motion the entire bench yelled shot. She made the attempt I then walked over to the bench and told them to knock it off. They did! No problem the rest of the game.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I started a post in early December about 'squeeking shoes' while A1 is attempting Free Throws. I called a disconcerting violation. There are many forms of disconcerting.
Pay close attention to B1 if they are standing behind Free Throw shooter A1. Sometimes they may be talking to the shooter. Kids are tricky.
I wish I could have had some of you guys as refs about a month or two ago... we were the visiting team, one of my girls was at the line, and behind my player was a player from the other team... she was standing there talking to one of the refs (the refs new a number of the people on there team and the coach - pretty common around here - refs tend to work the same schools for travel reasons) and she was loudly clearing her throat multiple times - I was prett upset that the ref was allowing it... Well, I was willing to get a T, didn't want one, but was going to do something...so, I very politely asked the ref if I could get the girl a drink of water so my player could shoot her foul shots.....

If looks could kill.... I didn't get a T - but it was close...
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 08:24am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
I started a post in early December about 'squeaking shoes' while A1 is attempting Free Throws. I called a disconcerting violation. There are many forms of disconcerting.
I have your back, Chuck.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Kiddie tournament- all lined up for a free throw and all of B's players are concerned about who has the shooter. I still have the ball and they notice I'm delaying things a moment. They look at me and I say, "You all finished yapping now?" So they quiet down while I bounce the ball to the shooter; then it starts up again. The first syllable out of B's mouth got my delayed signal which was followed by another shot. I'm positively convinced that these kids think we make these rules up as we go.