The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

for JR and Nevada

Imperfections

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of apole (attached to a lanyard)which she carried across her neck.One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house."

The old woman smiled and said, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we eachhave that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my crackpot officials, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers (or rule book) on your side of the path!

Happy Valentine's Day -- My crackpot officials
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Barf. Dude, you get yourself into your own messes on this board by acting cocky and arrogant and then feeding people terrible advice on rules you clearly don't know very well. Stuff like this only shows your lack of self esteem - you seem to want so much to belong, but you don't listen very well. You bring very little to this board in terms of useful information.
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
...each hung on the ends of apole (attached to a lanyard)...
I must know....was this an around the neck lanyard, a single strand that hangs from the loop of the v-neck shirt, or a smitty?
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

wow smitty -- great show of personality and sense of humor -- W/S gets it -- its not a tough concept -- its called a goof -- but then again I guess I just get T'd up :/

and W/S -- i believe it was an around the neck lanyard -- if I can find a picture of the old lady I will post -- wait a minute I have it here

[start sarcasm]Hmm guess she put the lanyard away -- anyway continue any assesment any of you may want to make of me based on this -- because this just stinks of arrogance and cockiness -- and yup my lack of self esteem -- and oh cant forget on me wanting to belong so much by constantly kissing everyones azz and always agreeing -- yup very accurate [/end sarcasm]
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Your absurdity and bad rules advice are rivaled only by Old School.

Last edited by Smitty; Wed Feb 14, 2007 at 06:37pm.
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:38pm
In Memoriam

Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Crack and pot...

right.
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 06:57pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Crack and pot...

right.
You're just jealous because you never got a valentine, crabbypuss.
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

me thinks smitty needs one the most -- <------ that smiley indicates humor
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

But you're not funny...I'm sure that won't stop you, though
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 07:55pm
Huck Finn

I think we have pretty much heard it all.

So when someone calls you out and waves the BS flag you literally go get a chinese proverb.

What is wron with you? No, really. What is wrong with you?