The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Dan:

I like your analogy, but where the Philadelphia Naval Yard located.

MTD, Sr.
"The Navy Yard is a 1,200-acre development located along 7 miles of historic waterfront at the confluence of the Schuylkill and Delaware Rivers..." according to this:

http://www.navyyard.org/MainMenu.html

Saying The Philly Navy Yard is on the Atlantic because it's on the Delaware River is like saying Minneapolis is on the Gulf of Mexico.

Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

It's all "back east" to me.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:01pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
"The Navy Yard is a 1,200-acre development located along 7 miles of historic waterfront at the confluence of the Schuylkill and Delaware Rivers..." according to this:

http://www.navyyard.org/MainMenu.html

Saying The Philly Navy Yard is on the Atlantic because it's on the Delaware River is like saying Minneapolis is on the Gulf of Mexico.

ROFLMAO!!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Feb 18, 2007, 12:30pm
Administrator

Daryl “The Preacher” Long and I officiated together yesterday afternoon, and during our drive to our game we discussed the BGSU-UB men’s game played at UB. Daryl had seen an official MAC film of the play and Dakich (BGSU’s men’s coach) cost his team the game.

BGSU and the ball and a two (2) point lead with just about 45 seconds in the game. UB stole the ball with approximately 37 to 38 seconds left in the game. UB-1 attempted a jumper as the clock was winding down that missed the rim after the shot clock horn had sounded. Because of the differential between the shot clock and the game clock, the officials determined that BGSU would get the ball for a throw-in with 0.6 seconds on the game clock. But Dakich and his team left the court immediately instead of waiting at their bench for the officials’ ruling. The MAC ruled that the officials were correct in their game ending procedure to put 0.6 second on the game clock and to give the ball to BGSU for a throw-in. The officials were also correct to charge BGSU a technical foul for delay of game for leaving the court and delaying the restart of the game with 0.6 seconds

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Feb 18, 2007, 01:09pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Probably before most of you were born, I moved from the Chicago area here to the Portland area. Around here, the natives refer to any place in the US east of the Cascade mountains as "back east". When I lived in Chicago, we never considered ourselves in the "east", but the "midwest". I still think it's weird every time I hear that reference.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Probably before most of you were born, I moved from the Chicago area here to the Portland area. Around here, the natives refer to any place in the US east of the Cascade mountains as "back east". When I lived in Chicago, we never considered ourselves in the "east", but the "midwest". I still think it's weird every time I hear that reference.
You moved from Chicago to Portland in 1942? I was born in 1943.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 09:42am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
When my Mom (from Norwalk, CA) was 18, she met my Dad (from Des Moines, IA). She had no idea where Iowa was, she'd never cared. All she knew was it was Back East somewhere.
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
When my Mom (from Norwalk, CA) was 18, she met my Dad (from Des Moines, IA). She had no idea where Iowa was, she'd never cared. All she knew was it was Back East somewhere.
Interesting. Des Moines is "back east", while Detroit is in the Western Conference of the NHL.

No wonder I'm always confused.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Feb 20, 2007, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

I live in Buffalo (sympathy cards can be sent to me at home...cash only). Buffalo is definitely not on the coast and New York isn't on the ocean, unless you count New York City and Long Island, which I don't.

I was at the game in question...UB had possession with 36.4 seconds on game clock. Missed shot at buzzer and game clock ran to 0. According to my eyes, and pretty much everyone else who has made a public statement, official signaled game over. BG ran off court, not bothering to shake hands as is customary (and a league requirement, I think). UB coach successfully argued that some time must remain, so officials put 0.6 back on clock. Official went to locker room to summon BG back on to court. After 10 minutes or so (with UB coach pushing the damn buzzer) officials assessed T for game delay. The rest is history...btw, the BG coach said he couldn't send players out in time because they were showering...don't know about you, but if I was properly motivated I could dry off and slip on a pair of shoes, shorts and shirt in about a minute...