See for yourself. Watch his right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_9v3rHaeY8
Yep, I see it.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Yep, I see it.
Well, you must either be blind or an idiot then.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco
See for yourself. Watch his right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_9v3rHaeY8
Just my 2 cents here, it looked like he grabbed the rim with both hands as an attempt to dunk of the rebound and missed, then let go of the rim. But it seemed like his right hand slapped the rim also. But the bump by 42 white may have caused him to hold the rim. All judgement on behalf of the working officials. I trust their judgement.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistleone
He was attempting to rebound the ball and dunk it in the same motion. A Duke player went up at the same time and knocked the ball away. The NC player did not hang on the rim, nor did he slap the rim in an attempt to show off or taunt. Why in the world is the Lead calling this anyway? Where are the Trail and Center on this call? IMO, that game was way more physical than the amount of fouls called.

I thought the game was called right on. I do not think there should have been a T on this play. A T on this play was a game interupting play and should have never been called.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Interesting couple of sequences at about the 14:00 or 15:00 minute mark in the 2nd half.

Trap along the frontcourt sideline in front of the lead. He gives a non-standard signal to indicate that the player with the ball was bobbling the ball (I think to show NC coach that there was no control for a travel). As soon as he does that, the T comes in with a travel Coach K was not happy.

Then on the other end, there was no lead. Then into the picture comes a very late lead. I think they had two C's and one T for a few seconds. Maybe the L stopped to talk to Coach K on his way down? Couldn't see the entire F/C so it was hard to tell what happened.
What in the world was C coming over and blowing this when L said he was "bobbling" the ball and cound not travel? Coach K had every right to be mad on this play.....mad at Greenwood.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnzebra
What in the world was C coming over and blowing this when L said he was "bobbling" the ball and cound not travel? Coach K had every right to be mad on this play.....mad at Greenwood.
First of all this is why you do not give signals like the "bobble." Also for all you know, the official had a travel before the bobble or had a clear look at the travel before the L.

Peace
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Actually, he didn't slap the rim. He released the rim and returned to the floor. Somehow, you seem to think you saw something that no one else saw.
Just wondering if you'd like to amend that statement.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Just wondering if you'd like to amend that statement.
If he did slap the rim, so what? What does this have to do with the call or how does it change the call? I see the arm come off the rim but I do not know if I would characterize this as a slap. If he did slap the rim, not sure that would have changed anything.

Peace
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If he did slap the rim, so what? What does this have to do with the call or how does it change the call? I see the arm come off the rim but I do not know if I would characterize this as a slap. If he did slap the rim, not sure that would have changed anything.

Peace
It doesn't change the call. It does, however back up my first post in the thread and goes to the fact that I was basically called a liar by BktBallRef when there are several here who can see the slap of the rim after the grab.

Just wondering if BktBallRef wants to either keep calling me a liar or retract his statement.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

FTR, here's what I first said about the slap:

Quote:
To me, it implied a little bit of showmanship...does that make a difference in the call?
IOW, I was asking a question and asking for clarification, since I don't know the rule very well.

Several, including you, JRut, have indicated that it doesn't make a difference in the call. I've accepted that, and again I appreciate your input.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
It doesn't change the call.

It does, however back up my first post in the thread and goes to the fact that I was basically called a liar by BktBallRef when there are several here who can see the slap of the rim after the grab.

Just wondering if BktBallRef wants to either keep calling me a liar or retract his statement.
With all due respect that is your interpretation of what took place. I do not know that I would call that a slap or an attempt to grab rim. But hey, I guess this is really, really important to you. Considering that this has nothing to do with any rule or why the actual call was made. As stated before, you are off to a wonderful start.

Peace
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
As stated before, you are off to a wonderful start.
I can assure you that I'm quite unconcerned with what type of "start" you deem me to be off to.
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I can assure you that I'm quite unconcerned with what type of "start" you deem me to be off to.

Peace
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Actually, he didn't slap the rim. He released the rim and returned to the floor. Somehow, you seem to think you saw something that no one else saw.

But feel free to continue proving to everyone what an idiot you are.

I wonder how many posters you can store on your Ignore list. Does anyone know? Mine seems to be filling up with dumbasses.

BktBallRef is a great official and a stand-up guy. I think he will admit he was incorrect in saying the player did not slap the rim. After viewing the video it is completely obvious that the player DID slap the rim.

As far as calling you an idiot...well...I guess he has some egg on his face for that one.

But we are all officials. Of course we are not perfect!
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMN
As far as calling you an idiot...well...I guess he has some egg on his face for that one.
I have a prediction. BktBallRef will admit that there is at least the possibility that some could have seen a slap.

But he'll still call me an idiot, for various and sundry reasons.

Ah, well. What can you do?