The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
I T'ed a Priest

had a game today where the away team was coached by a Catholic Priest, yes he wore the collar and all to the game. Well half way through the 3rd quatre he drops the F bomb loud enough for me to hear it at the other end of the court. I beat my partner to the whistle and give the PRIEST a T. Everything went good from there, he even said he was sorry after the game. Just thought it was odd. Have any of you guys encountered odd situations like that?
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 09:18pm
Official Forum Member

Nope, but this preacher has T'd his share of coaches and players. Sad that he lost control of his language.... not a good example for anyone, but good that he apologized.
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 09:53pm

My uncle worked basketball in Iowa in the 1950's. He told me how he had worked a game between two Catholic schools and the coaches were both priests. I don't know the details of what happened except that they got into it with each other and he ended up ejecting them both from the game.

My uncle has passed away now but about 5 years ago my Dad was back in the area where they grew up and was at a local restaurant. A guy came to his table and introduced himself. It was an old friend of both of them. And the first thing he told my Dad was how he always remembered how Richard (my uncle and Dad's brother) had kicked those two priests out of that game. So people were still talking about it about 50 years later. I don't know if I'll ever top that one but you got halfway there anyway. : > )
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

... sign the Apocalypse is near?
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj
And the first thing he told my Dad was how he always remembered how Richard (my uncle and Dad's brother) had kicked those two priests out of that game. So people were still talking about it about 50 years later. I don't know if I'll ever top that one but you got halfway there anyway. : > )
Hey, it's something to shoot for!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj
My uncle worked basketball in Iowa in the 1950's. He told me how he had worked a game between two Catholic schools and the coaches were both priests. I don't know the details of what happened except that they got into it with each other and he ended up ejecting them both from the game.

My uncle has passed away now but about 5 years ago my Dad was back in the area where they grew up and was at a local restaurant. A guy came to his table and introduced himself. It was an old friend of both of them. And the first thing he told my Dad was how he always remembered how Richard (my uncle and Dad's brother) had kicked those two priests out of that game. So people were still talking about it about 50 years later. I don't know if I'll ever top that one but you got halfway there anyway. : > )
No not even I only got 1/4th of the way there. I only gave 1 priest 1 tech to catch up he would need another and the other coach(priest) would need 2.
but yeah 1/4 is something to brag about.
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzzy07
had a game today where the away team was coached by a Catholic Priest, yes he wore the collar and all to the game. Well half way through the 3rd quatre he drops the F bomb loud enough for me to hear it at the other end of the court. I beat my partner to the whistle and give the PRIEST a T. Everything went good from there, he even said he was sorry after the game. Just thought it was odd. Have any of you guys encountered odd situations like that?
So does this priest have to hear his own confession now?
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzzy07
I T'ed a Priest
M&M this one's yours. I'll wait for it.
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 07:53am
PYRef

It's that dang Catholic School thing again!
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

I remember the story about the priest who was playing golf with some friends, and he skulled a bunker shot into the water. He turned to his playing companions and asked if someone would say a few appropriate words for him.
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

There's a local Catholic school that has a team with a priest or monk coach. He wears a white robe with a black cord for a belt. He wasn't one of the better disciplined coaches I've had this year.
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

I never T'd a priest, but I did have an administrator talk to one that was complaining and acting as our scorer. I almost dumped him from the table but he figured out he couldn't be a fan at the table. Btw, his wife that was on the book almost joined him.
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

The church probably just got cable and he is watching too much FX!
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
I never T'd a priest, but I did have an administrator talk to one that was complaining and acting as our scorer. I almost dumped him from the table but he figured out he couldn't be a fan at the table. Btw, his wife that was on the book almost joined him.
Am I missing something?
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Those darn Episcopalians.