The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Just wanna go home...

Been a while since I've posted...but I had one last night that I need to vent on.

I had a SB tourney game in the basement gym. I arrive at my usual 60-50 minutes before game time. Relax and catch some of the varsity tourney action in the main gym. Go down to the locker room to start getting ready. 15 minutes before floor time...no partner. Ok no big deal. 10 before floor time...no partner. 5 before floor time...phone call. Partner says got hung up at work and now stuck in traffic but busting butt to get there. OK stuff happens. Talk it over with AD...since we have crews coming and going with two tourneys going on we're going to get this worked out. I head downstairs to get things started. End up starting game by myself but varsity guy who's supposed to work game #2 game upstairs comes down with 2+ to go in first quarter. Game #1 upstairs gets over, varsity guy relieves my first partner with about 1 minute to go in the half. Work through middle of third quarter when finally my original partner shows up.

So in the course of one game I worked by myself and with three different partners. Of course this reflected on the game as there was very little flow.
I tried my best to keep things relatively sane.

I just remember standing there during a late timeout saying to myself: "I....just...wanna...go...home...."
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

The game may have been S****Y anyway.