The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Team Technical

Last night in a boys JV game (NFHS rules) a foul was called against B23. After reporting the foul, the horn sounded and we were told that his name/number did not appear in the book. We charged a team technical. My question is do we charge the head coach indirectly for this violation?
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Not an indirect on the coach. It is an administrative T
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Beckerman
Last night in a boys JV game (NFHS rules) a foul was called against B23. After reporting the foul, the horn sounded and we were told that his name/number did not appear in the book. We charged a team technical. My question is do we charge the head coach indirectly for this violation?
Bernie,
You will find a chart on page 73 of the rules book which summarizes to whom technical fouls get charged.

There is a column for Head Coach which has either Indirect, Direct, or nothing in it. That tells you what the Head Coach gets for a particular T.

This box is blank for the Administrative row which includes "Providing rosters; starters; numbers; changes, additions, etc.;" Therefore, the Head Coach gets nothing for this Team infraction.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Beckerman
The scorer didn't notice this when he checked into the game?
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Thank you everyone for the clarification. I didn't think that it was charged to the coach, but my partner did.

Also, the scorer did not notice the problem when the played checked into the game.