The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 02:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
The Guidebook I am referring to have the NF logo on it and from memory is called the NF Guidebook. You are making way too much out of this to get around the fact that the NF puts out information in this publication as another source for content. I also seriously do not think Referee Magazine/NASO would not at the very least confirm information that they get and put out in this guide.
I'm not making anything out of it, Jeff. I'm just telling you my understanding of the publications that NASO sells. IAABO also simply copies the NFHS rule and case books, using explicit approval from the FED. IAABO however sells their own mechanics manual too, which apparently has some differences in it from the FED Manual. NASO publications would basically be the same. Both NASO and IAABO have issued rulings, info, etc. before that were wrong, as per NFHS publications.

If there's an NFHS logo on the cover of the book, whatever is in the book is approved by the NFHS. If there isn't an NFHS logo on the book, it isn't approved by the NFHS. The info in a NASO or IAABO publication without an NFHS logo on the cover therefore might be correct, but there is no guarantee that it is correct. That's all I'm saying.
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 05:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I'm not making anything out of it, Jeff. I'm just telling you my understanding of the publications that NASO sells. IAABO also simply copies the NFHS rule and case books, using explicit approval from the FED. IAABO however sells their own mechanics manual too, which apparently has some differences in it from the FED Manual. NASO publications would basically be the same. Both NASO and IAABO have issued rulings, info, etc. before that were wrong, as per NFHS publications.

If there's an NFHS logo on the cover of the book, whatever is in the book is approved by the NFHS. If there isn't an NFHS logo on the book, it isn't approved by the NFHS. The info in a NASO or IAABO publication without an NFHS logo on the cover therefore might be correct, but there is no guarantee that it is correct. That's all I'm saying.
Let us relax for a minute. I was not being critical of you personally or your position. If you have not seen the Guidebook you would not know what is on it. It would be hard to know for sure. But we have talked about this before. For the record at the top of each publication (or on the front page) there is a caption that says and I quote, "Official Publication of the NFHS." This is also on this year's publication and other sports publications (football to be exact). Also many of the content are not directly about rules or POEs as I stated. They have things like "Quick Tips" which reiterate things that are already in other publications like mechanics or even the concept of refereeing the defense and offense. There is even a tip about putting an extra uniform in your bag. I will still have to do some looking to see where this was discussed and what year, but this year's publication which I am currently looking at is in the same vane of other year's publications. But most of the information is about the new rules or POEs of the current year.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 06:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Let us relax for a minute. I was not being critical of you personally or your position. If you have not seen the Guidebook you would not know what is on it. It would be hard to know for sure. But we have talked about this before. For the record at the top of each publication (or on the front page) there is a caption that says and I quote, "Official Publication of the NFHS." This is also on this year's publication and other sports publications (football to be exact).
#1) I am relaxed. If I got any more relaxed, I'd be asleep.

#2) I think that we're basically saying the same thing. If it's got an NFHS logo or the caption somewhere, then it comes from or it's approved by the FED. That's the only point I was trying to get across from the git-go.
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 06:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
#1) I am relaxed. If I got any more relaxed, I'd be asleep.
That comment was for more than just you. I kind of think my response as a little stronger than I intended.

Quote:
#2) I think that we're basically saying the same thing. If it's got an NFHS logo or the caption somewhere, then it comes from or it's approved by the FED. That's the only point I was trying to get across from the git-go.
I hear you. The NF and Referee Logo are all over the guide. But on the front page it is clear the NF is at the forefront. We are definitely on the same page.

Peace