The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
NBA - Kind of impressed

I normally dont watch any NBA ball, but had nothing to do Saturday night, so I decided to watch the Celtics game. To my shock , they are tightening up on the traveling as well as a lot of other things. I also heard that they have zero tolerance for coaches now. Any comments????
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

I heards its for players too they want to eliminate all the whining on every single call they make.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
The Celtics are off to an awful start. 0-3. With this new kid they drafted, they should be more balanced to let Pierce really shine. But Doc Rivers doesn't seem to be up to the task, if you ask me.

And Philly, who seemed poised for an absolute implosion this season, is 3-0. I thought the vultures were circling Iverson, but maybe not.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Keep us updated as to whether or not the game stays this way. If it starts to look like basketball again, I might start to watch it after about a 12 year hiatus. The few minutes I've seen this year (at a local establishment after the rules meeting) it did look like they were trying to get the game back to some of the basics.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 03:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have said this before and I will say it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
I normally dont watch any NBA ball, but had nothing to do Saturday night, so I decided to watch the Celtics game. To my shock , they are tightening up on the traveling as well as a lot of other things.
I think if you watch more than a couple of NBA games (I do not watch a lot myself) but you will see a lot of traveling calls. The problem is we have allowed the media to tell us what is typically called (no different than what they said about the Super Bowl last year) then seeing what was called. I watched different parts of the NBA Playoffs last year and I would see 4 travel calls in 4 trips on more than one occasion. I think the NBA for some time has been doing this, but many here do not actually watch many NBA games to see for ourselves.

Peace