LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 09:11pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
And speaking of Portland...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54499
Actually, this would be the best thing that could happen around here. Maybe then we'd finally get that NHL team we deserve.

BTW - we took a poll at work this week to see who could name the most Blazer team members. The winner named three. Pretty much the attitude around here among basketball fans is that the Blazers could fall off the edge of the earth and no one would care.
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 09:38pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryS
I have a whole other take of the "a$$" issue. I couldn't care less what an entertainer (be it an actor/actress on the big or small screen or professional athlete) does or says away from their profession. If they are part of an entertainment event that I want to spend money to see...I go...in not, I stay home.

You see, in some ways most people would be considered an a$$ by someone. I don't put them on a pedestal and always told my children not to get caught up in that. I taught my kids right and wrong when they were growing up...and reinforce that every chance I get (they are 24 and 18). I will say that both admit to having several role models...me, my wife, her parents and my father. Other than those, I have never heard either of them say they wanted to emulate anyone else.

Entertainer and athletes are human and will make mistakes...and like most other groups of people...there will be some that are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.
IMO, if everyone did what you just said we would all be better off.