The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

NAIA game on nov 7 and 9th can't wait!

High school here in kentucky starts the day after thanksgiving.. will have many scrimmages in the next couple weeks though!
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

November 25th, Soph girls game. First Varsity is a girl/boy double on December 8th. I don't really get nervous, but I do get pumped up for the first few games of the season.
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 04:35pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMike
November 25th, Soph girls game. First Varsity is a girl/boy double on December 8th. I don't really get nervous, but I do get pumped up for the first few games of the season.
In the great state of Mississippi every time out is a girls/boys doubleheader. Yippee, hooray! Can't you tell I'm really excited about that? At least I don't have to rotate!
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
In the great state of Mississippi every time out is a girls/boys doubleheader. Yippee, hooray! Can't you tell I'm really excited about that? At least I don't have to rotate!

I still don't understand how you guys don't rotate. Ernie was trying to explain it to me. Is this something they do in MS. or is this just a local association rule?
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

dec 5th, a little, but then again I have 33 days to build up that fear..
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Ohio

First scrimmage is 11/11.

Girls season starts Friday after Turkey Day.
Boys starts a week later.
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 10:02am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp134
I still don't understand how you guys don't rotate. Ernie was trying to explain it to me. Is this something they do in MS. or is this just a local association rule?

T and L are table side. C is across from the table. If the ball goes out of bounds or there is a violation on C's side, C is temporary T. You don't have to understand why, I don't have to understand why. You don't have to like it, I don't like it.

I have already basically been told, "You are new, shut up and color." Oh, the joys of moving! They don't know me too well though!

Last edited by bob jenkins; Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 10:27am.
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
My witty Sweathog reference got deleted? I'm hurt. It can't be worse than hamsters and elderberries in the other thread. Go ahead, Bob. I know. You have to delete posts that just complain about deleted posts. . . LOL
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 10:42am
Huck Finn

My sugar post got deleted too!
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

JUCO last night (11/1)
HS 11/22
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

In the past few years, my first few high school games have been the ones to "break me" into a new season.

However as I've had some adult league stuff, I've sort of gotten some runs in and feel good. My first game in the HS season is 11/25. I actually do a double header of sort: Boys Freshman in the late afternoon followed by a girls varsity at a different gym later in the evening.

Should be fun!
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Just relaxing after my first career women's JUCO game. It went well. I was a bit whistle happy early on, but I settled and we had a great second half. I had one ugly call in the first half, a home post player was guarding another girl down low. She initally had great postion, but as the ball came, she kind of wrapped up the offensive player and restricted her movement. As I'm blowing the whistle, the offensive player makes a good strong move and catches the defender right in the mouth with an elbow. Just one of those ugly, unfortunate plays. Coach chewed on one of my partners, was smart enough to compose himself during the first free throw, and came and talked to me about what I called. He didn't like it, but we came to terms and moved on. Later the same coach tried to tell me a player could not go catch their own airball if it doesn't hit the rim for 2 possessions. I explained the rule, one of my partners I found out later explained it as well, but he was convinced it was a violation. All in all it was a pretty decent first time at that level. My partners seemed OK with my performance. Hopefully I'll get a few more of those games in the future.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 03:44am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrao
When does everyone start their season?
Officially, I started October 5th. But, it's off and on until November 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrao
Does everyone get nervous a couple of days before the season starts?
Nope.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

My gosh....in Connecticut we just had our interpretation meeting. Our first games are the first week in December....and frankly, its football season and I can only do one set of rules at a time...otherwise Turkey Day Football might have a lot of traveling calls but few falsestarts.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

I've been doing Jr High for a couple of weeks. Don't get nervous before those. HS starts in a couple of weeks for me. New to the area so no V games but lots of JV this year. Have to get to be known by more ADs the first year. For HS I'm not sure if it's being nervous or just feeling the anticipation of the game... but I do know that a little bit of "nerves" will keep you on your toes more and remind you to stay in the game and stay focused to do your best. If you are so cool and collected that you are aloof or indifferent you ususally have a very good game.