The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Opening Games? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/29227-opening-games.html)

johnnyrao Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39pm

Opening Games?

When does everyone start their season? I have my first two games this Friday. We open with a Christian High School tournament. I am getting excited already because our assciation has a lot of games this season and some new schools. Does everyone get nervous a couple of days before the season starts? I have done my rules test, reviewed our state manual, and studied the case book. I need to still spend some time working mechanics and getting my counts down (so that my 10 second count is actually 10 seconds) but I still have this fear I will do something crazy on Friday night. However, I can't wait to get out on the court again!

BktBallRef Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:21pm

November 13th.

No.

:)

Larks Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:22pm

I go Friday as well - local NCCAA mens 8:00 (it's the 4th game of the day so I am expecting to actually tip it a little closer to 9.

You gotta like that "christian" ball.....you cant even think something bad or its a foul!

Pretty cool - a D1 guy is the crew chief that night and a good friend of mine is a U2 so should be a good time.

My high school season kicks off the day aft Turkey day.

zebraman Wed Nov 01, 2006 01:27am

First CC game on Nov 18.

First HS game right before Thanksgiving.

My high school coach used to tell us, "if you aren't nervous you aren't ready.":)

I don't get nervous before officiating but I do get excited.

ChuckElias Wed Nov 01, 2006 08:22am

Tonight!!! Holy crap. . . :eek:

(And yes, I'm nervous.)

brianp134 Wed Nov 01, 2006 08:25am

Saturday @ 2pm for a JUCO game. I am ready!

tomegun Wed Nov 01, 2006 08:48am

My first game is on Friday.

LarryS Wed Nov 01, 2006 09:46am

Worked scrimmages the last two nights to see how the back would hold out...feel great this morning.

First real game on my schedule at the moment is Nov. 7...private schools boys varsity.

So far, all but two of my games are varsity...it pays to work hard in the "off season"

I don't get nervous before a game...but I do get excited.

Junker Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:40am

I worked some JUCO jamborees a couple of weeks ago (both men's and women's) but I finally go for real Saturday at 5:30. I'm ready to go, but a little nervous as it's my first time out using women's mechanics. I'm not really concerned with calling the game, I just don't want to look like a high school official because of my mechanics.

buckrog64 Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:40am

Basketball begins 11/6. Our local system (7/8th graders) has a girls season from early Nov. to the Christmas break, while the boys wrestle. Then after the first of the year, the boys have ended their wrestling season and play basketball. I'll ref three nights the first week, and then nothing for about 2 weeks, then it really cranks up fast.

MidMadness Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:42am

22 errors in the case book this year we were told in IAABO class

bob jenkins Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidMadness
22 errors in the case book this year we were told in IAABO class

Did they provide a list? reasons?

tmp44 Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:07am

I have my very first JUCO game on Saturday...hey it's just a game right...no reason to be nervous (as my stomach does flip-flops...)

First HS game is Dec. 1.

icallfouls Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Did they provide a list? reasons?

I would say that BillyMac & CCB3 were too busy looking for rules that had been dropped :D

Junker Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmp44
I have my very first JUCO game on Saturday...hey it's just a game right...no reason to be nervous (as my stomach does flip-flops...)

First HS game is Dec. 1.

I'm in the same boat. Saturday is my first time at the JUCO level. I already have a little nervous energy looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll be fine as soon as I get out there and make my first call. For me as soon as I start to see plays, it just becomes a game and I kind of forget that it's something new (at least that's how it worked in my other "first" games). Have a great one!