The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 12:13pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun

JR, before this post did you know that any player, at any level, wore this combination that looks like tights?
Yes, and I also know the difference between socks and compression shorts too. One goes up and the other goes down.

And if I'm not sure that a player is wearing something that might be illegal, then I'm simply gonna go and take a look at it, and then make a judgment. And I also personally don't know any experienced officials that wouldn't do the same thing either. That was my point from the git-go, and it had nothing to do with whether I agreed with you or not. If you're used to officials that would send someone out of a game without looking first to see whether it's actually illegal or not, then may I respectfully suggest that their training ain't worth a damn.
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 02:44pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Yes, and I also know the difference between socks and compression shorts too. One goes up and the other goes down.

And if I'm not sure that a player is wearing something that might be illegal, then I'm simply gonna go and take a look at it, and then make a judgment. And I also personally don't know any experienced officials that wouldn't do the same thing either. That was my point from the git-go, and it had nothing to do with whether I agreed with you or not. If you're used to officials that would send someone out of a game without looking first to see whether it's actually illegal or not, then may I respectfully suggest that their training ain't worth a damn.
So, who did you see wearing socks that met up with legal compression shorts? I'm skeptical. I know you are smart enough to make something up at this point, but i don't believe you had seen this before. I have witness a lot of players as an official and spectator/fan over the years and I never saw this until I saw Wade last year. As far as I've seen, this whole tights thing was just started, by Kobe, last season or the season before. Please tell us when you saw this for the first time.
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 05:01pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
So, who did you see wearing socks that met up with legal compression shorts? I'm skeptical. I know you are smart enough to make something up at this point, but i don't believe you had seen this before. I have witness a lot of players as an official and spectator/fan over the years and I never saw this until I saw Wade last year. As far as I've seen, this whole tights thing was just started, by Kobe, last season or the season before. Please tell us when you saw this for the first time.
Tom, you come up with some crap in this thread that's got nothing to do with real life; you obviously don't have a clue what the rules were anyway but you tried to cover your ignorance by saying "typo"; and now you tell me I'm a liar.

The main point that you brought up was what an official should do if he saw that. Well, there ain't a damn official in the world that's gonna do dick-all until they look closely at it to see if it's true or not. And then, they'll just follow the rules.This whole thread was just completely stoopid from Post #1. If that pisses you off, too damn bad. Deal with it.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Sun Oct 15, 2006 at 07:30pm.
Closed Thread