The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 14, 2006, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevzebra
Heck, I've seen players with two different socks and shoes on! No joke...one of the players said she and another girl like to be different. Think I will wear one NB 608 and a Nike shox next...I like to be different too!

I like to be different too....just like everyone else.
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Tanner,
You need to so some volleyball. They wear one tie-dye of one color on one leg and another color on the other. Another player will have the same colors on opposite legs. That's actually how some of the younger teams keep up with proper rotation and where the setter is positioned. Some teams (basketball, rec league soccer, and VB just do it because they're goofy! Actually, now that I think about it, the Wabash Valley women's basketball team wore tie-dyed socks sometimes and sometimes one red and one black.
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 05:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Tanner,
You need to so some volleyball. They wear one tie-dye of one color on one leg and another color on the other. Another player will have the same colors on opposite legs. That's actually how some of the younger teams keep up with proper rotation and where the setter is positioned. Some teams (basketball, rec league soccer, and VB just do it because they're goofy! Actually, now that I think about it, the Wabash Valley women's basketball team wore tie-dyed socks sometimes and sometimes one red and one black.
I know you mentioned "rec league soccer" (which follows FIFA rules), but if my fading memory doesn't fail me, I belive both FIFA and NFHS rules both address socks being the same color for all members of the team....or words to that effect.
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

The key words are "rec league" and not necessarily a sanctioned league or one registered with the USSF. Some of them follow the rules for uniforms very loosely.
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 02:22pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Actually, now that I think about it, the Wabash Valley women's basketball team wore tie-dyed socks sometimes and sometimes one red and one black.
Oh yeah... I do remember seeing them wear their socks like that... good call!