The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 04, 2006, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Sadly, I've seen worse behavior than this -- but that time it was from the superintendent. It's ridiculous how stupid some people who are supposed to be role models can be.
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 06:02am
Official Forum Member

My second year refereeing JV HS game, the home team was down I think by two point, my partner made a call which was a good call. A woman, behind him took her coat and threw it at him. He didn't see it, I blew my whistle to bring attention to the situation I went over to the Police officer on duty and we had the woman eject from the gym, to find out later the next day, that the woman was the spouse of an official in my association and I was never allowed to go back to that gym. I don't care now, but at the time I was devastated with that whole situation. 4 years later they still won't give me any games there. that is sad. In some areas, it's also part of that good O'le boy system also. I still blame my association to allow that to happen.
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Don't forget to stare at his pants.

Where did we ever get the puking on the shoes and staring at the pants thing?

LOL, classic.

Mr. Principal - you dont have to go home, but you cant stay here.
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
My second year refereeing JV HS game, the home team was down I think by two point, my partner made a call which was a good call. A woman, behind him took her coat and threw it at him. He didn't see it, I blew my whistle to bring attention to the situation I went over to the Police officer on duty and we had the woman eject from the gym, to find out later the next day, that the woman was the spouse of an official in my association and I was never allowed to go back to that gym. I don't care now, but at the time I was devastated with that whole situation. 4 years later they still won't give me any games there. that is sad. In some areas, it's also part of that good O'le boy system also. I still blame my association to allow that to happen.
If this had happened to me in my association, I would have quit officiating. If you can't get support from your own group, why would you stick around?
Old Thu Oct 05, 2006, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If this had happened to me in my association, I would have quit officiating. If you can't get support from your own group, why would you stick around?
I was new and didn't have enough expereince to go elsewhere so I used them as they used me. Now I can move around with no concern.
Old Fri Oct 06, 2006, 07:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurrasic Referee
If this clown was a registered official in our association, he would be an unregistered official very, very quickly.
Exactly! We even have it in our association's by-laws...Registered officials watching a game, as a fan, are not allowed to verbally criticize a working official on the floor.
Richland, WA
Old Fri Oct 06, 2006, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We even have it in our association's by-laws...Registered officials watching a game, as a fan, are not allowed to verbally criticize a working official on the floor.
I know that It's in the NFHS by-Laws, Although I never saw any by-laws for my local association oddly enough.
Old Fri Oct 06, 2006, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
I know that It's in the NFHS by-Laws,
This is the first I've heard of FED by-laws. I went to the NFHS site and couldn't find any reference to them. Are they published online anywhere?