The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
I don't know why, but it seems in 3-man it's easier to pick up the bad habit of ball watching. Ref your primary area first and foremost. I'd also advise you to get a veteran or two that you really trust to watch you and critique you. I don't know if they use 3-man in all levels in your area or not, but if you can get the varsity officials to watch you in a JV game and ask them to give you one or two things to work on - and then work on it. I know guys that have been at this for 20 years and realize they don't know everything. (I also know guys that have been at this for 2 and already know it all.) It sounds like you are going to be the former and not that later - that's a good thing.

Good luck to you.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Sat Oct 07, 2006, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

First couple of 3 mans that I did I just tried to fous on calling things in my area, and since I had I two partners who had done 3 man for years, if I didnpt have to report the foul, I hesitated a secnd, then went to where they weren't. The flow isn't bad when you don't overthink it. If I were to sit here right now and think about where to go in which situation, except for when reporting the foul, I'd have to pull out my 3-man mechanics book --WHICH IS A VERY GOOD INVETMENT, BY THE WAY! -- and review it. But if I got a call and had to go out RIGHT NOWand just do a a game it becomes fairly natural movents pretty quickly.