The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

First varsity game..

Same as previous, newer official 3rd year. My question isn't about rules or interpetations, it about conversing with the coach. Three man I'm the C. right next to the coach. A1 bring ball up court, A2 comes from the block to the wing to set a pick for a1. B2 who is guarding a2 bumps her minor contact i thought but it made the screen move alittle and b1 runs into her. B's coach who is standing next to me says "you got to be kidding, you stood right there and let her throw an illegal screen." I told him politely that it was his player who caused the whole mess, there was no advantaged gain as the ball went out of bounds off of B. Coach B gets upset and starts reciting his unique version of the rule book. Ball changes direction and then quickly back. A1 then dribbles to same wing, and picks up dribble, pivots a few times and then pumps like she is going to pass the ball, however, her pivot foot comes up in the air and she balances on her front foot for about 3 seconds until she finally passes to a team mate. He goes bonkers again, wanting a travel. I explain that it is not a travel until she touchs her pivot foot down with the ball. He again assures me that i do not know the rules. Question is this, how to you converse with a coach who is rating you, who really doesn't know the rules.