The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 07:58am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to fmkjrunc
is this a 1 &1 situation

team A shoots, while the ball hits the rim and is in the air, team A player gets called for a pushing foul under the basket, team B is in the 1 & 1, is team B player shooting or is the ball out of bounds, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 08:05am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Irving, Texas
Posts: 675
free throws for B.
__________________
- SamIAm (Senior Registered User) - (Concerning all judgement calls - they depend on age, ability, and severity)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 08:19am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkjrunc
team A shoots, while the ball hits the rim and is in the air, team A player gets called for a pushing foul under the basket, team B is in the 1 & 1, is team B player shooting or is the ball out of bounds, thanks
When A1 shot the ball, team control ended, so the foul by A2 is not a team control foul. B1 shoots 1 & 1.
__________________
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." - Stuart Scott

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jul 29, 2006, 08:42am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 58
At the camp I attended last weekend the instructor kept stressing "Know Rule Four" over and over, I am starting to understand why it is so important.

Above sitch, case in point.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 01, 2006, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar60
At the camp I attended last weekend the instructor kept stressing "Know Rule Four" over and over, I am starting to understand why it is so important.

Above sitch, case in point.
If you know the definitions, you can figure out how to handle just about any play.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 02, 2006, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 944
I thought he was sayin "No rule four". No wonder I'm screwing up.

"Know rule four" might be the best advice ever given to new HS basketball officials. Thanks for reminding me.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 02, 2006, 05:37pm
Aleve Titles to Others
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: East Westchester of the Southern Conference
Posts: 5,386
Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
I thought he was sayin "No rule four". No wonder I'm screwing up.
"Know rule four" might be the best advice ever given to new HS basketball officials. Thanks for reminding me.
Sorta like 'There are 3 ways to spell two' or is it 'There are 3 ways to spell to'...er 'There are 3 ways to spell too' AARRRRGGGH. [Great way to win a dictation bet btw]
__________________
Never hit a piņata if you see hornets flying out of it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BB situation Shmuelg Baseball 6 Wed Apr 06, 2005 09:24am
Help with Situation. Jerry Blum Basketball 2 Wed Jan 19, 2005 02:03pm
Another FT situation John Schaefferkoetter Basketball 1 Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:45am
Another .3 second situation williebfree Basketball 11 Sun Dec 22, 2002 09:06pm
Another HBP situation Buckeye12 Baseball 2 Wed Apr 17, 2002 01:41pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1