The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 07:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Notice the all-black shoes?

Chuck has a pair of ref shoes just like 'em, only his have higher heels.
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 07:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Crocs? Got a picture?
From the magic called Google, these are all mens Croc shoes:

I'd go with the pink after games, if I wuz you.....

Somewhere in Holland a little Dutch boy is laughing his azz off at what the 'Mericans will wear.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Mon Jun 12, 2006 at 07:40pm.
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 09:17pm
In Memoriam

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
From the magic called Google, these are all mens Croc shoes:

I'd go with the pink after games, if I wuz you.....

Somewhere in Holland a little Dutch boy is laughing his azz off at what the 'Mericans will wear.
I wear those "stone-colored" Crocs [@2:00 between the cream and baby blue.]
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 09:39pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
At Disco Dan's House of Fine Shoes.....they have an outlet in all of the major cities-Toledo,Springfield, etc. I think that Officials Choice carries them too. You can get them with the IAABO crest stamped on the heel.

Great, I will be ordering an IAABO pair tomorrow.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 07:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
Referee Sandals

Wow, it's nice to see what refs are into heavy metal. The high hell boots are not my style, but they may work for some. Hey, but on the real side, I was looking for a sandal that you can wear in between games at AAU, camps, or after a summer league game. I found a style that I thought was reall cool, and maybe some of you guys may be interested in a pair. Here is the link to the sandals that I am talking about: http://www.biteshoes.com/running/styles/5007b.htm. You would think Chuck Elias company after 10 years would have some sandals for his officiating buddies!
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2ref4Ever
This is a running shoe? They even show the guy running through the woods. It's open-toe, for crying out loud. Who wants an open-toe sandal as a running shoe? Between games, I just keep my ref shoes on, or change into a different pair of sneakers. Sandals are probably ok, but I just don't want to carry an extra pair of shoes.

Quote:
You would think Chuck Elias company after 10 years would have some sandals for his officiating buddies!
If I had a shoe company, I would try to oblige you, Butch.
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 07:50am
Official Forum Member

Referee Sandals

Hey Chuck...whatever works for you, just make sure your dogs get some air, we would hate for you to develope a bad case of athletes foot!
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2ref4Ever
Wow, it's nice to see what refs are into heavy metal. The high hell boots are not my style, but they may work for some. Hey, but on the real side, I was looking for a sandal that you can wear in between games at AAU, camps, or after a summer league game. I found a style that I thought was reall cool, and maybe some of you guys may be interested in a pair. Here is the link to the sandals that I am talking about: http://www.biteshoes.com/running/styles/5007b.htm. You would think Chuck Elias company after 10 years would have some sandals for his officiating buddies!
Hey Butch, those are cool but a little pricey, no? $69?
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 10:41am
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Hey Butch, those are cool but a little pricey, no? $69?
I don't think that's too bad, Sparky.
Crocs are $29.00 worth of plastic and holes.
Chacos run $100.00+ and ya can't run in the woods real well with them.
mick
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!! Men shouldn't wear sandals anywhere (well...maybe the beach....and I guess I can accept "shower sandals" for anti-bacteria reasons....) - but other than that - men shouldn't wear sandals!!!

I don't want to see your toes (btw wearing socks w/ sandals doesn't satisfy my complaint)! I don't want to smell your feet either! There has never been a sandle EVER made that looks acceptable on a guys foot - just don't do it!

If you're concerned about "keeping cool", then change your shoes and put on a different pair of socks, sit down and drink some water. If you're that out of shape or that close to heat-stroke, then I'm going to suggest that you've got bigger health problems and wearing sandals will not come close to solving them.

(Don't even get me started on the Northwestern Women's Field Hockey team wearing "flip-flops" to the White House last Spring......)

If I were the assignor of every basketball game ever played on earth, I would NEVER hire anyone wearing sandals!

(thanks for letting me vent - I feel better now..... ....)
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea
STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!
Susan Powter, everybody!!! Let's give her a big hand!!!
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Sandals

I am definetly in the jeffpea camp. Men and sandals upset me. I live in the land of Birkenstock-Nor Cal-and it is not footwear, it is a lifestyle.

Love2ref4ever- I am an older headbanger-though my hair is now an appropriate length, by choice not genetics. had a ponytail before I started reffing.

List of Chess Refs concerts this year.....

Jo Lynn Turner-formerly of Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.
Godsmack/Metallica
Queensryche-Operation Mind crime Tour
Queensryche/Judas Priest
Pearl Jam-next month
October--Queensryche
Also OZ Fest is coming and I really want to see Disturbed so i will probably make it to that show.

Also saw REo Speedwagon/Styx, also Tom pEtty and REM... So I am diversified...

Last edited by Chess Ref; Tue Jun 13, 2006 at 01:09pm.
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
I am definetly in the jeffpea camp. Men and sandals upset me. I live in the land of Birkenstock-Nor Cal-and it is not footwear, it is a lifestyle.

Love2ref4ever- I am an older headbanger-though my hair is now an appropriate length, by choice not genetics. had a ponytail before I started reffing.

List of Chess Refs concerts this year.....

Jo Lynn Turner-formerly of Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.
Godsmack/Metallica
Queensryche-Operation Mind crime Tour
Queensryche/Judas Priest
Pearl Jam-next month
October--Queensryche
Also OZ Fest is coming and I really want to see Disturbed so i will probably make it to that show.

Also saw REo Speedwagon/Styx, also Tom pEtty and REM... So I am diversified...
I never got into this stuff, I wasn't exactly on board with Ozzie even before he became Kelly's Dad But you should check out NOFX - my son gave me War on Errorism, it is a great CD.
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Referee Sandals

Hey Dan The Man.........at first I thought they were a bit pricey, but then I said, hey I'm worth it! To the officials that just prefer to change there socks between games, you may want to wash your dogs first! And, I have yet to smell an officials feet between games, but I sure feel sorry for the officials who room with a guy/gal like this. I can only imagine what an officials dogs smell like after officiating 4 or 5 games a day and all he/she has doen is just change socks!
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea
STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!! Men shouldn't wear sandals anywhere (well...maybe the beach....and I guess I can accept "shower sandals" for anti-bacteria reasons....) - but other than that - men shouldn't wear sandals!!!

I don't want to see your toes (btw wearing socks w/ sandals doesn't satisfy my complaint)! I don't want to smell your feet either! There has never been a sandle EVER made that looks acceptable on a guys foot - just don't do it!

If you're concerned about "keeping cool", then change your shoes and put on a different pair of socks, sit down and drink some water. If you're that out of shape or that close to heat-stroke, then I'm going to suggest that you've got bigger health problems and wearing sandals will not come close to solving them.

(Don't even get me started on the Northwestern Women's Field Hockey team wearing "flip-flops" to the White House last Spring......)

If I were the assignor of every basketball game ever played on earth, I would NEVER hire anyone wearing sandals!

(thanks for letting me vent - I feel better now..... ....)
Awww...someone needs a hug. C'mon now, everyone give jeffpea a well-deserved group-hug.

Now, on some levels, sandals are mis-used. Sandals and socks? What are you thinking? Sandals and long pants - should get you voted off the island immediately. Flip-flops at the White House? Very crass - someone should've told them ahead of time. I used to think sandals were part of a "lifestyle" as well, but now they're just comfortable. No different than wearing shorts in the summertime. There are times and places where shorts should not be worn, and there are times and places sandals should not be worn. There are also different types of sandals, dressy and casual, just as there are different types of shorts. Each one has their time and place.

Geeze, I must be auditioning for a spot on Queer Eye.

(Used with permission.)