The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Jeez, Steve Howe died on Friday. I didn't hear about it till today! Any word on the cause of the crash? I think we all have a guess, but I haven't heard anything definite.
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Jeez, Steve Howe died on Friday. I didn't hear about it till today! Any word on the cause of the crash? I think we all have a guess, but I haven't heard anything definite.
I thought I read the toxicology reports were not back yet.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 09:46am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
There is.....believe me.
Ok, that's just gross!
Old Fri May 05, 2006, 08:37am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Ok, that's just gross!
No, no, no, no......

Naw, "gross" is watching Eddie Guardado trying to save a game.

Me? I'm a J.J. Putz fan. I think that he's kinda symbolic of true Mariner baseball.

In other news, David Wells travels to Lourdes for help to heal his knees. States that a trade to San Diego might provide a miracle cure also.
Old Fri May 05, 2006, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Naw, "gross" is watching Eddie Guardado trying to save a game.
At least it sounds like we'll be spared that grossness for a while - didn't the Mariners announce he will no longer be the closer?

But how will we ever get rid of the mental picture of you naked in a police car?

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri May 05, 2006, 09:18am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
At least it sounds like we'll be spared that grossness for a while - didn't the Mariners announce he will no longer be the closer?

But how will we ever get rid of the mental picture of you naked in a police car?
Yep - they've moved him to "late relief" were the words Hargrove used...about freaking time, too...

And there is NO way to get that mental image gone - none of my mental tricks are working on that one...sigh. More nightmares tonight!
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Jeez, Sox and Yankees are back to this "percentage points" thing.

But to get very far off-topic, even in this very far off-topic thread, did any of our hockey-loving brethren notice that after the first round of the NHL playoffs, the 1-, 2-, 3-, and 4- seeds advanced in the East; and the 5-, 6-, 7-, and 8-seeds advanced in the West? That's bizarre. No upsets in the East, all upsets in the West. That's gotta be a first.
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 08:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Jeez, Sox and Yankees are back to this "percentage points" thing.
Yup, and guess who's still in first place?

Aggravating l'il azzhole, ain't I?

Any team that has a Wiley Mo and a Coco Crisp playing for 'em can't be taken seriously. If JJ Putz(God, I love that name) was alive, he'd roll over in his grave.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 07:21pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Not sure if the toxology report is in yet. I would not put any money on 'negative'.
btw, those '*' signs at the Phillies-Giants game were pretty cool.
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Having some fun tonight!! Beckett the Yankee Killer! While walking the stupid dog, I was listening to the Yankees broadcast of the game on my XM. The call of Manny's pop-up that was dropped was classic. Absolutely hysterical. "And he pops it up in shallow right. [routine question] Who's gonna catch it? [Panic now audible in his voice] Who's gonna catch it?!?!?"
Old Wed May 10, 2006, 08:27am
In Memoriam

Shut up....
Old Wed May 10, 2006, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Shut up....
It's not that bad, I've seen much worse things when I coached my kids in LL. For instance, a ground ball could have dribbled thru the first baseman's legs.

Old Thu May 11, 2006, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

1) Another good one tonight. Sox leave about 74 men on base. Jeter gives the Sox 2 runs for the lead. Timlin strikes out Giambi and A-Rod back-to-back to end the 7th. Still a ways to go, tho, so I'm not celebrating yet. I feel bad for Matsui. That was ugly.

2) Where did Greg Maddux buy his magic rejuvenation machine? His best start in like 30 years.

3) Anybody see the article in Sports Illustrated a couple weeks ago about the girl who pitched a no-hitter for her HS boys varsity baseball team? Pretty amazing. I can't remember where she was from. Somewhere in the southeast, I think.
Old Fri May 12, 2006, 05:52am
In Memoriam

Looks like 3 months for Matsui and maybe the year. As soon as I saw the replay, I knew it was broken. Wrists don't bend like that. Yucchh.....

Some great catches by Damon and Crosby, followed by Bernie performing the Waltz of the Toreadors on a l'il fairly routine fly ball. Double yucchh....

Maybe they'll give Melky Cabrera a real shot this time, instead of running him outa town on his first error. Hope so. The rumor mill in NY already has Soriano being parachuted in from Washington. We don't need another head case; we already got one in right field- even though he's on a sit down strike right now trying to get his contract extended.
Old Fri May 12, 2006, 07:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Maybe they'll give Melky Cabrera a real shot this time, instead of running him outa town on his first error.
Yeah, they should run him outta town for one error. They should run him outta town for his first name. Melky?!?! What kind of baseball name is that?!?!?!

Quote:
We don't need another head case; we already got one in right field- even though he's on a sit down strike right now trying to get his contract extended.
Who's on the sit-down strike? Is that why Bernie was in right field in the first place?