The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 25, 2006, 02:50pm
In Memoriam

Break up the Tigers........

Don't they know that they're too young to be doing what they're doing?

Looking good, mick......
Old Sun Jun 25, 2006, 05:06pm
In Memoriam

Geeze, I flipped over to footy between innings and what do I see? Portugal vs. Netherlands......kicking, kneeing, holding, elbowing, flopping, whining, faking, swearing, punching, grabbing....

Lah me....you go to watch a l'il futbol and an NBA basketball game breaks out......
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 08:38am
In Memoriam

Don't forget to play the video.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/n...ory?id=2500470

Probably a Maverick's fan still upset at his team's choking...... either that or Mark Cuban switched to beisbol for the summer.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 08:41am.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I mentioned the Braves a while ago, but what about the other end of that spectrum? The Mets have the biggest division lead in the majors, at 12 games! I know they were supposed to be improved this year, but come on! And of course, they get good just when Pedro is slated to come to town. . .
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:32am
Official Forum Member

Also, the Swiss lost in the round of 16 in the World Cup yesterday. They lost in a shootout (3-0) after playing to a nil-nil draw through regulation and OT. The loss makes the Swiss the first team in World Cup history to be eliminated from the tournament without ever giving up a goal.

I never liked the shootout. Play OT till somebody wins.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:40am
In Memoriam

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Break up the Tigers........

Don't they know that they're too young to be doing what they're doing?

Looking good, mick......
It seems to be about the manager:

" 'You play this game to the end.' - Jim Leyland
He doesn't demand much.
But he does demand that." Tom Gage [Detroit News]
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Also, the Swiss lost in the round of 16 in the World Cup yesterday. They lost in a shootout (3-0) after playing to a nil-nil draw through regulation and OT. The loss makes the Swiss the first team in World Cup history to be eliminated from the tournament without ever giving up a goal.

I never liked the shootout. Play OT till somebody wins.
It's gotten better, there didn't used to be an overtime. You just went straight to penalty shots.

On the other hand, I thought it was ironic for the Swiss to have a team in the cup anyway. I mean, with their officially neutral stance on everything, it just rubs against their nature to try and win anything. Perhaps that explains losing with no goals

Holy cow, did I just post in the baseball thread, that I never read?
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 08:46am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
s.

On the other hand, I thought it was ironic for the Swiss to have a team in the cup anyway. I mean, with their officially neutral stance on everything, it just rubs against their nature to try and win anything. Perhaps that explains losing with no goals
How do you explain the French also? Using the same logic, historically they'd surrender before every game.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
How do you explain the French also? Using the same logic, historically they'd surrender before every game.
I'm hoping they surrender to the Spanish today
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 01:28pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I'm hoping they surrender to the Spanish today
I like the Brazilians or the Argentinians myself. Their fans just seem to have a heckuva lot more fun. They even enjoy themselves when they riot; they do it with a smile on their face. When the English or the Germans riot, they don't look like they're enjoying themselves at all; they kinda look like they're only rioting because it's expected of them. The Koreans and Japanese are too polite when they riot; they almost ask your permission first before giving you a whack upside the head...and they look like they want to apologize after too.

Now if the Aussies hadda won......there's a nation that really enjoys a good riot.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Jun 27, 2006 at 01:56pm.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I like the Brazilians or the Argentinians myself. Their fans just seem to have a heckuva lot more fun. They even enjoy themselves when they riot; they do it with a smile on their face. When the English or the Germans riot, they don't look they're enjoying themselves at all; they kinda look like they're only rioting because it's expected of them. The Koreans and Japanese are too polite when they riot; they almost ask your permission first before giving you a whack upside the head...and they look like they want to apologize after too.

Now if the Aussies hadda won......there's a nation that really enjoys a good riot.
I have to agree about the Brazilians. I was in London for one world cup where they did really well and they, the Brazilian fans, were a big, big story.

While the Spanish may not riot well, the throw a mean Inquisition.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 01:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
While the Spanish may not riot well, the throw a mean Inquisition.
Agree. Torquemado really knew how to throw an post-game party.....and talk about tail-gating before the game...think grilled heretics.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Agree. Torquemado really knew how to throw an post-game party.....and talk about tail-gating before the game...think grilled heretics.
Now those were the days. Any more it's impossible to find poppy-seed buns large enough for a grilled heretic.
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 08:08am
Official Forum Member

10 straight wins for the Sox with Schill, Wake and a cast of minor leaguers in the rotation. And tonight Pedro pitches in Fenway. Gonna be fun.
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49763
Closed Thread