The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
That division just looks horrible again this year.
Are you kidding?! The Padres are just on fire! They are just awesome! They can beat anyone! They just got done sweeping the Cubs in the 7 game season series!

Oops. Never mind.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Actually, it does kinda make sense, M. If the Cubs can get anything at all out of Sosa, they're ahead of the game.
So who's Palmiero gonna sign with?
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 09:57am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...
Keep up the mantra...pretty soon it will become second nature...and then one fine Tuesday morning you will look in the sports section and realize the Mariners are no longer in last place in their division and are only 4 games out of first in the division and thinngs will start to look good to you again - birds will begin to sing, flowers will start to bloom, there will be back to back days of 90+ temperatures...life is good!

At least for now...
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 09:58am
In Memoriam

Quote:
So who's Palmiero gonna sign with?
Hmmmmmm......,

The Cubs do need someone for first. I think that Sammy could handle first too if they needed him there though. That position is kinda like the retirement home for aging stars anyway- Rose, Thome, Nomar, etc.

The Cubs signing Sosa is kinda logical.....too many rumors about him flying around to be just idle rumors.
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 10:37am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Hmmmmmm......,

The Cubs do need someone for first. I think that Sammy could handle first too if they needed him there though. That position is kinda like the retirement home for aging stars anyway- Rose, Thome, Nomar, etc.

The Cubs signing Sosa is kinda logical.....too many rumors about him flying around to be just idle rumors.
I hear Jose Canseco is getting bored...maybe they can bring him back to play first??? Wouldn't that be a hoot...
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 10:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
and then one fine Tuesday morning you will look in the sports section and realize the Mariners are no longer in last place in their division and are only 4 games out of first in the division and thinngs will start to look good to you again - birds will begin to sing, flowers will start to bloom, there will be back to back days of 90+ temperatures...life is good!
And.....

Old Tue May 16, 2006, 10:54am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
I hear Jose Canseco is getting bored...maybe they can bring him back to play first??? Wouldn't that be a hoot...
Canseco is in his 40's though. Sosa is only around 37, I think, which isn't that old anymore- baseball/wise. And Sosa was able to play a position too....something Canseco never really could do. Canseco was strictly a DH.

Even if Sosa can't hack it, what really are the Cubs losing? It's not that much of a gamble on their part.
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
And.....

...and

http://monkeybutt.ytmnd.com/
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Hip hip -- Jorge!!

So for the second time in three days, we get one of those "once in a lifetime" things. Yankees make a HUGE comeback (tied for their biggest comeback ever) to win last night. Apparently, they scored a touchdown as time expired and kicked the extra point with no time on the clock to win 14-13. But the really amazing thing is that no team ever has come back from a deficit of 9 or more runs and won the game with a "walk-off" home run. Until Jorge Posada did it last night. I love stuff like that. Even when the Yankees do it.

By the way, what do the Chicago teams spike their beer with? Some drunk chick almost plunked Jacque Jones from the stands at Wrigley! At least she didn't pick on some elderly first base coach.

Who's got the best record in baseball?? Mick's Tigers!!! Who'da thunk it? 'Course they're really only tied for the best record, b/c they've got the World Series Champs in their division, but still pretty amazing.
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yankees make a HUGE comeback (tied for their biggest comeback ever) to win last night.
No...I think this might be their biggest comeback...probably up there in the HUGE category.

Old Wed May 17, 2006, 12:10pm
In Memoriam

Yo, M&M
From Rick Telander's column in the Sun today:
"It was funny that Hendry walked off into the Wrigley underbelly with agent Adam Katz, Sammy Sosa's business guy, at his side".

http://www.suntimes.com/output/telan...pt-rick17.html

Won't be long now......
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yo, M&M
From Rick Telander's column in the Sun today:
"It was funny that Hendry walked off into the Wrigley underbelly with agent Adam Katz, Sammy Sosa's business guy, at his side".

http://www.suntimes.com/output/telan...pt-rick17.html

Won't be long now......
I'm still going under the impression that Katz was there to meet Hendry, not the other way around. There's more upside potential for Sammy to be the one to come in and "save the season", than upside for the Cubs. And, when was the last time Sammy hit major-league pitching? I really just don't see it. I hope Hendry doesn't see it either.

Talk to me again when you see Hendry talking to Pujols' agent.

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu May 18, 2006, 09:57pm
In Memoriam

Like Alice in the Looking-Glass

Quote:
Who's got the best record in baseball?? Mick's Tigers!!! Who'da thunk it? 'Course they're really [edited for accuracy] the best record, b/c they've got the World Series Champs in their division, but still pretty amazing.
Pistons down.
Tigers U.P.
Good is Bad.
Bad is Good.
Everything is topsy-turvy.

mick
Old Sat May 20, 2006, 08:23am
In Memoriam

Yo, M&M......

Trade ya either Prior or Woods- your choice- for Carl Pavano. At least they get in 2 or 3 starts a year......most years.

And ... as for that 6'10" goober we got......
Old Sat May 20, 2006, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

OK, I am now officially a Chicago Cubs fan.

Actually, I'm a Mike Barrett fan, he just happens to play for the Cubs.

That is one tough SOB.

Closed Thread