The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 31, 2006, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Sorry, I'm not all warm and cudly when it comes to situations like this. I don't have any problem with what Rocky said. The alternative - and what happens a lot - is to say, "good game" and then rip the official as soon as we get in our car. It is just easier for me to be honest. You could always say, "you're not getting any of my check so you might as well let me earn it!"
I prefer something like, "don't you trust me?" They look at me like, "what are you talking about." Then I say, "well you must not trust me because you are watching in my area as well as yours." It doesn't lead to a fight (in fact, they usually laugh and apologize) but it gets the point across.

Z
Old Fri Mar 31, 2006, 04:09pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
I prefer something like, "don't you trust me?" They look at me like, "what are you talking about." Then I say, "well you must not trust me because you are watching in my area as well as yours." It doesn't lead to a fight (in fact, they usually laugh and apologize) but it gets the point across.

Z
That works too!
Old Sat Apr 01, 2006, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun:
Sorry, I'm not all warm and cudly when it comes to situations like this. I don't have any problem with what Rocky said. The alternative - and what happens a lot - is to say, "good game" and then rip the official as soon as we get in our car. It is just easier for me to be honest. You could always say, "you're not getting any of my check so you might as well let me earn it!"
LOL!! Can't fault that! I would always rather that a partner "rip me" to my face - that gives me the best chance to learn from my mistakes, or maybe clear up a misunderstanding.
Old Sun Apr 02, 2006, 12:12am
Huck Finn

jkjenning, I just noticed your signature. Tell us how you really feel! M$ has the best marketing department in the universe! That is the only way they can survive.

I'm using my Windows (server) 2003 PC right now, but I've been using my Apple Powerbook more and more.
Old Sun Apr 02, 2006, 01:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
M$ has the best marketing department in the universe!
How do I really feel?
Open-source Rules ---> proprietary software is a problem, not a solution.
I'm lazy, so I'm using Fedora Core 4 - but there are lots of stable alternatives to M$ Windoze. Yea, they have quite a treasure chest - oh well... they still can't produce reliably stable software and they ignore the quality software others write because "it's not theirs", choosing to try to cram their own standards [Java, anyone?] into the market instead.