Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny1784
Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeEater
Quote:

There isn’t any violation or terminology named double-dribble.

I think you meant illegal dribble.
Johnny, I think you need to refresh yourself with NCAA rule book before you post in general like this. Rule 9.7.1 clearly defines a "Double Dribble"

You are quick to point out errors that others are making on these forums so I thought I would repay the favor. Just in case us guys (gals)have offended you, I appologize in advance.

Smoke
No need to apologize. I would not accept one even if it were warranted.

You seem to feel very funny but like how? Are you being sarcastic while behind your computer screen acting funnier than your own twins, Lefty and Righty?

The original post or your own postings did not reference to a college game.

I stand by my earlier post, there is no such thing as a double dribble...

SECTION 5 ILLEGAL DRIBBLE

A player shall not dribble a second time after his/her first dribble has ended, unless it is after he/she has lost control because of:

ART. 1 . . . A try for field goal.

ART. 2 . . . A bat by an opponent.

ART. 3 . . . A pass or fumble which has then touched, or been touched by, another player.

PENALTY: (Section 5) The ball is dead when the violation occurs and is awarded to the opponents for a throw-in from the designated out-of-bounds spot nearest the violation.

Hmmmm, second/double get a thesaurus and stop acting like that.

[Edited by bob jenkins on Feb 6th, 2006 at 09:57 AM] [/B]
Stop acting like what?

Be specific with your personal attacks.

As I clearly posted before... illegal dribble is different than double dribble for NFHS.

And you need to use a thesaurus to phrase your own words constructively.

Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeEater
Quote:

There isn’t any violation or terminology named double-dribble.

I think you meant illegal dribble.
Johnny, I think you need to refresh yourself with NCAA rule book before you post in general like this. Rule 9.7.1 clearly defines a "Double Dribble"

You are quick to point out errors that others are making on these forums so I thought I would repay the favor. Just in case us guys (gals)have offended you, I appologize in advance.

Smoke
No need to apologize. I would not accept one even if it were warranted.

You seem to feel very funny but like how? Are you being sarcastic while behind your computer screen acting funnier than your own twins, Lefty and Righty?

The original post or your own postings did not reference to a college game.

I stand by my earlier post, there is no such thing as a double dribble...

SECTION 5 ILLEGAL DRIBBLE

A player shall not dribble a second time after his/her first dribble has ended, unless it is after he/she has lost control because of:

ART. 1 . . . A try for field goal.

ART. 2 . . . A bat by an opponent.

ART. 3 . . . A pass or fumble which has then touched, or been touched by, another player.

PENALTY: (Section 5) The ball is dead when the violation occurs and is awarded to the opponents for a throw-in from the designated out-of-bounds spot nearest the violation.

Hmmmm, second/double get a thesaurus and stop acting like that.

[Edited by bob jenkins on Feb 6th, 2006 at 09:57 AM]
Stop acting like what?

As I clearly posted before... illegal dribble is different than double dribble for NFHS.

[/B]
I was and you know it, since you already replied to it before it got edited by the mods, so be a good little troll and go away.
Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Stop acting like what?

Johnny --

I edited the original post because of your specific request. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

There's no need to bring this up again.

Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

What commonly happens after a player fumbles a pass that ends up bouncing off the floor is that said player slaps at the ball and the ball ultimately bounces off the court. Is this considered a dribble or does the dribble need to be an intentional act?

Further, Rainmaker said above that you have to pick up the fumble with two hands - certainly true in practicallity, but is is true in reality? Could a player not trap the fumble against their body and then without ever touching the ball with the other hand begin a dribble?

Thanks for the clarification
Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I just want to clarify a few things about the double, or illegal, dribble. The dribble is the action of throwing or batting the ball to the floor, and then after the ball bounces up, batting the ball to the floor again. The dribble ends when two hands touch the ball at the same time. When we talk about fumbles, we are talking about a situation where the ball momentarily escapes control of the player. If a player is dribbling, and fumbles, then the player may recover the ball and continue dribbling if two hands never touched the ball at the same time. OR the player may recover the ball with two hands, but that ends the dribble.

So when we say fumble, dribble, fumble is legal, what we mean is that you can receive a pass with a fumble, gather the ball with two hands, then begin a dribble, and end the dribble with a fumble. But you can't dribble, then fumble, gather the ball and then redribble. If you can recover the fumble without two hands touching the ball at the same time, you can continue the dribble, but then it's not normally called a fumble.
Say a dribbler ends a dribble by grasping the ball with two hands, then, under pressure, unintentionally drops (fumbles) the ball. The ball bounces away. Are there any limitations on the steps said player may take in retrieving the ball?
Old Wed Feb 08, 2006, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Say a dribbler ends a dribble by grasping the ball with two hands, then, under pressure, unintentionally drops (fumbles) the ball. The ball bounces away. Are there any limitations on the steps said player may take in retrieving the ball?
No limitations. There's no PC during a fumble.

Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 09:38am
PAOfficial

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
So when we say fumble, dribble, fumble is legal, what we mean is that you can receive a pass with a fumble, gather the ball with two hands, then begin a dribble, and end the dribble with a fumble. But you can't dribble, then fumble, gather the ball and then redribble. If you can recover the fumble without two hands touching the ball at the same time, you can continue the dribble, but then it's not normally called a fumble.
A part of this that you left out is the fact that you fumble, dribble, cleanly pick the ball up ending the dribble, and then fumble yet again.

The second fumble does not have to be when stopping the dribble.
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker,

Not sure exactly what it is you are saying here, but I thnk that I disagree maybe based on the definition of a fumble. You have had to have "grasped" the ball at some point before you can fumble it. So, fumble, dribble, fumble means you have grasped, unintentionally dropped, dribbled, grasped, and unintentionally dropped. You can't continue to dribble after this 2nd grasp. You can recover, however.

If that is what you said or meant, then I agree.

Mulk