The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by momstwo
Actually, I respect what some of you have to say and the others that felt the need to attack, well I'll file that in a special place. I believe one of the first things I said was that it wasnt my intention to offend anyone. Sounds like some of you use this board as a way to offend. No it wasnt the advice I asked for because alot of you simply assumed you knew what kind of "parent" I am. Way off base guys!!! Also it is beneath me to argue with you MTD. I dont have time nor the patient to argue with hateful people. To those of you that helped THANK YOU!!!
You did not offend me. I just think you do not have perspective on what these games really are. They are not about you and what you think about the officials. These games are about the KIDS!!! If the officials screwed up, so freaking what. It is a 4TH GRADE SCHOOL GAME!!! Your kid might not be good enough to play when she gets to 6th grade.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

Hey Mark, I think she's angry at you.

I can't tell what she thinks about me though...think she likes me?
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

This is a 4th grade game, is it really worth getting this worked up about? Yes, everyone likes to win, but again IT IS A 4TH GRADE GAME! You're talking about sending in tapes and such? Relax, move on. If someone was physically hurt it might and I stress might be worth the trouble, but it doesn't seem that anyone was. This forum is not a place for us to offend, but it is a place where we discuss rules, game situations, and other topics directly related to officiating. If you have a legitimate QUESTION please come back and we'll be happy to enlighten you as to what may have happenend (MTD is excellent with rules questions by they way), but if you're venting, this is not the place.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Dan_ref
I think she hates us all. I think she hates us because we are officials. I don't care if those people hate me. I think Mark and her should go one on one in a rules test and see who knows more about reffing. I bet this "mom" gets nothing right.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Your son/daughter, whatever he/she is, I didn't read it, isn't even going to remember this game when she is older. Stop fretting so much about the officials. If you think the officials were so bad why don't you become an official, take over the officiating program of the league your son/daughter works so you can fix it and there can never be complaints ever again.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Tough to say Dan. Worked any 4-6 4th grade games with a bad scorers table lately?
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Junker I work with them alot, little 5th grade kids. Its easy you keep track of the possession arrow. and at this level of the game its not that hard to remeber the score. Their you go you can get thru this game with out them. I still think that this " mom" needs to get real.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
Tough to say Dan. Worked any 4-6 4th grade games with a bad scorers table lately?
Nope.

I worked some 4th grade scrimmages this year, hoping to move up next year from 2nd & 3rd grade games.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
This is a 4th grade game, is it really worth getting this worked up about? Yes, everyone likes to win, but again IT IS A 4TH GRADE GAME! You're talking about sending in tapes and such? Relax, move on.
There probably is no organization to send a tape to. My state has the largest Grammar school Athletic Association in the country called the IESA (that is what they say). Even this organization does not cover every school in every part of the state. I find the whole thing funny and ridiculous. One day parents will realize there was a time when kids played sports because it was fun. Not because their life would change based on what happen in 4th grade.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Please keep in mind I NEVER said I knew more than the officals. Nor did I say I wanted to put on a whistle and pledge to this "black and white code of honor" that you all belong to. I didnt know that officating at a 4th grade game was so degrading to most of you.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Momstwo: Wait a second if you don't know more about reffing then those guys out their, then how can you say they did a bad job????????????
Mrs. You really don't make much sense
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Mom- I would take the game tape to the local tv station. Maybe they could do an under cover report. "The Fix is On- Officials So Bad They Cost 4th Graders Game" or "Officials Screw 4th Graders Out Of DI Scholarships" on the next Maury.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Please keep in mind I NEVER said I knew more than the officals. Nor did I say I wanted to put on a whistle and pledge to this "black and white code of honor" that you all belong to. I didnt know that officating at a 4th grade game was so degrading to most of you.
Wait a second here sweetheart.

No one said working these games is degrading.

I'm starting to think you're a troll...but if you're not, good luck to you & the kid.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

tweet!! full time out requested.

momstwo: refs "bad"

officials: Thank you

back to your regular scheduled forum.

Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
The reality is 4th grade is for officials that are just starting out. Most people that officiate want to work HS and/or college ball at some point. Usually the better officials leave this level behind because of parents like you complaining about things that you know nothing about. Parents acting as if these games are going to be life changing events and every call are going to change every game a lot of officials just decide to pass. These games can be a lot of fun if parents and coaches take the games for what they are. Many of these kids will be burned out by the HS years from any sports because their parents think they are grooming the next Michael Jordan or Candace Parker.

Peace