The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
NCAA rules, court diagram shows a minimum 3 ft of unobstructed space along the sidelines (preferred 10 ft) and 6 ft along the end lines.
NFHS has basically the same thing on page 7 of the rules book.

Minimum of 3 feet, preferably 10 feet, of unobstructed space outside [the boundary lines].

That is the rules support which I would use to move the cheerleaders, if necessary.
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

I do as Zebraman has said, see the captain before the game starts and have them stand away from the sideline. When it comes to baseline, I tell them curl no further than the 3-point arc. I believe its important to do these things and here is why. This happened some tears ago, but the point remains the same. a official was running down the sideline focusing on the fast break (this was in two-man days) and BAM! right into a cheerleader on the sideline/floor. She wound up getting her arm broken and the parents were in the process of suing the official. Who would have thought that was going to be the outcome?
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 04:12pm
Huck Finn

How about, "Move back?"

About 4 years ago, one of my partners asked the cheerleaders to move and they called him an A hole. He gave a T for that one. That was the talk at the bar that night. Oh, he had game admin remove someone for using a bullhorn and calling him an A hole too. As the kid was leaving (he left the bullhorn), the gyme is quiet and someone (who now has the bullhorn) says, "You're still an A hole." Nice! I helped get him beat all the traffic.

Totally OT. One official from Vegas had a whole section removed. He told game admin, "From there to there is out of here." I don't remember what they did, but it is funny because this guy is very cool. Nevada probably knows him - he is the most naturally talented official I have ever seen in my life.
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
How about, "Move back?"

About 4 years ago, one of my partners asked the cheerleaders to move and they called him an A hole. He gave a T for that one. That was the talk at the bar that night. Oh, he had game admin remove someone for using a bullhorn and calling him an A hole too. As the kid was leaving (he left the bullhorn), the gyme is quiet and someone (who now has the bullhorn) says, "You're still an A hole." Nice! I helped get him beat all the traffic.

Totally OT. One official from Vegas had a whole section removed. He told game admin, "From there to there is out of here." I don't remember what they did, but it is funny because this guy is very cool. Nevada probably knows him - he is the most naturally talented official I have ever seen in my life.
I started to do this in one of my games earlier in the year. There was a hole side of fans trying to be like the Dukies! They were being annoying and disrupting. I stopped the game and told GM that they needed to shut up or leave, the whole section. It was about 8 rows of them. Needless to say, they shut up!
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 04:51pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
I started to do this in one of my games earlier in the year. There was a hole side of fans trying to be like the Dukies! They were being annoying and disrupting. I stopped the game and told GM that they needed to shut up or leave, the whole section. It was about 8 rows of them. Needless to say, they shut up!
What's school was that? Not HRA, was it?