LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

My partner who is kind of crass, said to the kid,

"Put that eye back in and this time.....try to keep a lid on it."

Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 09:04am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

This has to be the weirdest post I have ever read!! BUT, to be serious for a minute, How could you call disconcertion on the free throw? Hes not doing it on purpose to bother the shooter. I think all this trouble started with you! If you just would have been a little more "not by the book" and called for your time before the free throw, had the coach or the kid in question pick up the eye, all of this would have been avoided. Then to top off the situation, you end the game on T's which should not have happened in the first place. WOW!!
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 09:34am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
This has to be the weirdest post I have ever read!! BUT, to be serious for a minute, How could you call disconcertion on the free throw? Hes not doing it on purpose to bother the shooter. I think all this trouble started with you! If you just would have been a little more "not by the book" and called for your time before the free throw, had the coach or the kid in question pick up the eye, all of this would have been avoided. Then to top off the situation, you end the game on T's which should not have happened in the first place. WOW!!
chrs_schuster,
I'll see that WOW and raise you two.

mick

Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:34am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
Artificial eyes are illegal anyway. They're a head decoration, as per R3-5-2. The player should have been directed to leave the game.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Artificial eyes are illegal anyway. They're a head decoration, as per R3-5-2. The player should have been directed to leave the game.
Couldn't you see your way clear to let them play if they have a letter from the state association?

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

I admit my calling "disconcertion" on the kid with a glass eye started the whole mess but I distinctly saw him fussing with his eye socket prior to the eye hitting the floor. I thought it was premeditated eye removal.

I learned after the fact that his Coach regularly uses this as a ploy in tight games. I feel really bad as this highly unsportsmanlike tatic worked PERFECTLY and through a series of unfortunate events won the game for the Glass Eye Team.

I'm reffing this Team again later in the week and I plan on making the Coach tape the eye in place before the kid enters the court.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:55am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JCrow
I admit my calling "disconcertion" on the kid with a glass eye started the whole mess but I distinctly saw him fussing with his eye socket prior to the eye hitting the floor. I thought it was premeditated eye removal.

I learned after the fact that his Coach regularly uses this as a ploy in tight games. I feel really bad as this highly unsportsmanlike tatic worked PERFECTLY and through a series of unfortunate events won the game for the Glass Eye Team.

Sounds like we need to petition the NFHS for a rule change. It's now a technical foul if you remove your pants or shirt within the visual confines of the playing area. They should make removing an eye in the visual confines a technical foul too. Or, if the officials hesitate to call that a "T", you could make it a violation instead- something like "A player shall not have an eye out for an unauthorized reason".
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:58am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I'm reffing this Team again later in the week and I plan on making the Coach tape the eye in place before the kid enters the court.
Good eyedea.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
They should make removing an eye in the visual confines a technical foul too.
But, once he removes it, isn't it then outside the "visual confines"?

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like we need to petition the NFHS for a rule change. It's now a technical foul if you remove your pants or shirt within the visual confines of the playing area. They should make removing an eye in the visual confines a technical foul too. Or, if the officials hesitate to call that a "T", you could make it a violation instead- something like "A player shall not have an eye out for an unauthorized reason".
We'll need some case book plays to clarify the new rule imo. For instance:

A1, who has a glass eye, sets a screen for A2. As A1 then rolls to the basket his glass eye falls out, freeing him from defender B1 who slips on the glass eye. Undefended A1 recieves A2's pass and makes an easy layup. In this play a) the glass eye accidentally fell out b) A1 plucked the eye out on his own volition c) A2 smacked the back of A1's head causing the eye to fall out d) coach A rolled a handful of marbles across the floor in an effort to decieve.

Your rulings please.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
d) coach A rolled a handful of marbles across the floor in an effort to decieve.

Your rulings please.
My ruling in d) eye before e except after c.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:19am
In Memoriam

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Quote:
d) coach A rolled a handful of marbles across the floor in an effort to decieve.

Your rulings please.
There's science on the neighbor's ceiling
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Quote:

Your rulings please.
There's science on the neighbor's ceiling
Sounds like you need to go look that over.

And, when you get back - shut up.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:

Your rulings please.
You can forget that donut I was gonna email you for Christmas.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You can forget that donut I was gonna email you for Christmas.
That's ok, I'm waiting for Chuck's donut to arrive.

(Used with permission.)