LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat Dec 10, 2005, 06:30pm
In Memoriam

Re: 3 More Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by BearBoy
ALTERNATING POSSESSION
4. The alternating possession proceedure is always used after a double personal foul. (I said false because if neither team has control, wouldn't you have "point of interruption?)

COACHING RULE
7. Assistant coaches may stand to confer with bench pesonnel during any dead-ball period. (I said false, but think it could be true because wouldn't time-outs and periods between quarters be considered "dead-ball periods?)

9. A head coach ejected in the first half must leave the vicinity of the playing area immediately, but may go to the locker room to coach the team at halftime. (I said false...but my partner says true because the coach needs just to be out of "(sight & sound)" from the playing area....if he/she is in the locker room, how do we know if coaching is going on during the halftime intermission?)

#4. Your reasoning is correct. False as per R7-5-9.

#7. False is the correct answer. All bench personnel can stand during time-outs as per the exception listed under R10-4-4(c), but they are restricted to the bench during some dead-ball periods- such as after violations, during a substitution, after a made basket, etc.

#9. False is the correct answer. If a coach gets tossed, they have to leave the vicinity of the playing court and they're prohibited from any contact with their team for the rest of the game. R10-5NOTE2 right at the end of that section.

Please tell me that you've already written and handed in this exam.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Dec 10th, 2005 at 06:50 PM]