The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 01:33pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Yesterday, I was at the mall and I ran into an old friend (no - not with my car). He had his cousin with him. We started talking and his cousin (whom I'd never met) told me he played college basketball in HS and then at a DII school.

I told him I was a referee and he said, "I thought so - you look like a referee."

I asked him what a referee "looked like" and he replied "mean".

[Edited by mark padgett on Aug 20th, 2005 at 10:27 PM]
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Yesterday, I was at the mall and I ran into an old friend (no - not with my car). He had his cousin with him. We started talking and his cousin (whom I'd never met) to me he played college basketball in HS and then at a DII school.

I told him I was a referee and he said, "I thought so - you look like a referee."

I asked him what a referee "looked like" and he replied "mean".
The title of this thread says, "Do we look a certain way?"

So what's with the "we"?
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 02:00pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I'm at this brownpop establishment contributing to the local economy, and from across the room, I see this BEAUTIFUL brunette walking towards me. Naturally, I thought I had mustard on my upper lip, because there was no other reason for her to be appraoching me. Turns out she thought she recognized me, but wasn't sure. (Perhaps it was the dark lighting.)

After talking to her for a few minutes, I learned that she knew it was me by my mannerisms and hand gestures, especially when I pointed. (She used to play in the local women's league.)

As for my "look", I'm not sure if I look like an official or not.

You decide (2nd from left, standing): http://www.wwcfoa.ca/view_pic.php?pi...a04/junior.jpg
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 02:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
I'm at this brownpop establishment contributing to the local economy, and from across the room, I see this BEAUTIFUL brunette walking towards me. Naturally, I thought I had mustard on my upper lip, because there was no other reason for her to be appraoching me. Turns out she thought she recognized me, but wasn't sure. (Perhaps it was the dark lighting.)

After talking to her for a few minutes, I learned that she knew it was me by my mannerisms and hand gestures, especially when I pointed. (She used to play in the local women's league.)

You decide (2nd from left, standing): http://www.wwcfoa.ca/view_pic.php?pi...a04/junior.jpg
Yer cute, Jugular!

You never finished your story. Did you end up getting laid? Inquiring minds need to know!

Geeze, I hope so. Gets all the poisons out of your system. Lets you run faster too when you're officiating. And longer also(or so I've heard- I can't really remember that far back). It should be just as much part of your pre-game warm-up drills as stretching imho.
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 05:08pm
M.A.S.H.

The fish nets might of gave yourself away.

[Edited by tjones1 on Aug 20th, 2005 at 06:12 PM]
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 06:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee

Did you end up getting laid?... Geeze, I hope so. ...It should be just as much part of your pre-game warm-up drills as stretching imho.
You really are a knuckle-dragger, aren't you?
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

Yer cute, Jugular!

You never finished your story. Did you end up getting laid? Inquiring minds need to know!

Geeze, I hope so. Gets all the poisons out of your system. Lets you run faster too when you're officiating. And longer also(or so I've heard- I can't really remember that far back). It should be just as much part of your pre-game warm-up drills as stretching imho.

ROTFLMFAO
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke.
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:50pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke.
for i := 1 to 10 writeln('I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. ');
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 06:22am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:

I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke. I will not make a "precious bodily fluids" joke.
Well, you'll never get promoted to the exalted "knuckle-dragger" category if you fail to capitalize on opportunities like this. Your loss.
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What's with the orange flags? Did I miss another change?
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 05:37pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
Quote:
What's with the orange flags? Did I miss another change?
W&S,

I am not sure where you're from, but I suspect it may interest you to know that I'm Canajun. Those are the flags we use here, and have been for quite some time. So if you're Canajun and missed that change, I wonder what else you missed; perhaps to move away from leather helmets.
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:

A great, great movie.

"Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?"

Quote:

OK, I'm not entirely clear on this but it might be you might want to have used lie or lay instead of laid. I can remember from high school Sister Mary Lizard asked me to give an example of the proper use of lay, lie or laid in a sentence. I said "I wish I could have laid Gina Marie Kozlowski last Saturday night". Apparently it was incorrect.
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 11:40pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:

A great, great movie.

"Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?"

Quote:

OK, I'm not entirely clear on this but it might be you might want to have used lie or lay instead of laid. I can remember from high school Sister Mary Lizard asked me to give an example of the proper use of lay, lie or laid in a sentence. I said "I wish I could have laid Gina Marie Kozlowski last Saturday night". Apparently it was incorrect.
Love that movie. Got it both on DVD and VHS. It is a great one.

As to your grammar lesson, please replace my original question with "Jughead, did you end up boinking her?". Unlike some knuckledraggers, I always like to use proper English.
Old Mon Aug 22, 2005, 12:23am

Forsythe Pendleton "Jughead" Jones

Quote:
"Jughead, did you end up boinking her?". Unlike some knuckledraggers, I always like to use proper English.
Heck no, I was too busy eating burgers. After usually only being pursued by Big Ethel, I thought that the beautiful brunette was a set-up.