The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Missed the 1st half but the Spurs seem to be dominating.

I don't think I've ever seen a team whine so much when they're getting their butt kicked. Hamilton, screaming at Danny Crawford when it was obvious no foul occurred, deserved his T.

The Detroit offense is anemic, at best.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Boring, boring, boring.

Stopped watching mid-way through 2nd quarter.

I wish even more now that Miami and Phoenix had been able to advance.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone know why Jack Nies put the ball down on the floor? I didn't really catch the whole thing, looked like he tried to hand it to Rasheed Wallace and he didn't take it, so Nies just put the ball on the floor next to him.

Anyone get a better look at it?
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
Boring, boring, boring.

Stopped watching mid-way through 2nd quarter.

I wish even more now that Miami and Phoenix had been able to advance.
I can see from a fan's perspective that this might be boring, but I love this series! I know defense doesn't bring in the $$$ to the league, but the last two games have been played perfectly by San Antonio. I've always said that good defense beats good offense and this year seems to prove it.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 05:47am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dribble
I've always said that good defense beats good offense and this year seems to prove it.
Dribble,
For this Finals series, it appears that good defense will also beat no offense.
mick

A team without an offense will often become offensive.

Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Anyone know why Jack Nies put the ball down on the floor? I didn't really catch the whole thing, looked like he tried to hand it to Rasheed Wallace and he didn't take it, so Nies just put the ball on the floor next to him.

Anyone get a better look at it?
He actually tossed it up to him once and Sheed never raised his hands to catch it so Jack ran after the ball and did it again. Sheed never attempted to catch it, just looked at him with that smirk so Jack put it on the floor and started a rather quick count. He was well within the rules to do it and without knowing what their conversation was, I'd have to say Sheed was just being an idiot. Sigh!
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
He actually tossed it up to him once and Sheed never raised his hands to catch it so Jack ran after the ball and did it again. Sheed never attempted to catch it, just looked at him with that smirk so Jack put it on the floor and started a rather quick count. He was well within the rules to do it and without knowing what their conversation was, I'd have to say Sheed was just being an idiot. Sigh!
Going off on a tangent here, would anyone T for this in high school ball? In college?
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Going off on a tangent here, would anyone T for this in high school ball? In college?
No T, but I wouldn't chase the ball down either. And I wouldn't bounce the ball to him a second time, I would plant it firmly in his stomach until he puts his hands on it. If he just lets it drop after that then whatever happens next is all on him.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Did anyone else see the simultaneous multiple technical fouls?
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I honestly don't understand people who say this is boring basketball. The Pistons are having a hard time on offense, but offense is only half the game. These are the people who think a 1-0 baseball game is boring when the pitcher is throwing 7 innings of no-hit ball. Give me a break. Appreciate what is happening, instead of complaining about what isn't.

I love Rip Hamilton and Ben Wallace, and I'm sick that the Celtics gave up on Billups so quickly. I love Tim Duncan's game and the way he works with Ginobli. Do you see how they pass and cut? How they work the ball so that everybody touches it before the shot? That's how you're supposed to play basketball.

I'd much rather watch this than watch Shaq back a guy down 8 feet and then jam; or watch the Suns jack up 30 3-pointers a night.

JMO, but I think you're missing a very interesting series.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I honestly don't understand people who say this is boring...
I'd much rather watch this than watch Shaq back a guy down 8 feet and then jam; or watch the Suns jack up 30 3-pointers a night.

Thanks for the review. I agree with you, and I'll watch the next game or two. Didn't know it would be this good.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Nope, just get the 5-second count going and definately don't chase the ball for him.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I honestly don't understand people who say this is boring basketball. The Pistons are having a hard time on offense, but offense is only half the game. These are the people who think a 1-0 baseball game is boring when the pitcher is throwing 7 innings of no-hit ball. Give me a break. Appreciate what is happening, instead of complaining about what isn't.

I love Rip Hamilton and Ben Wallace, and I'm sick that the Celtics gave up on Billups so quickly. I love Tim Duncan's game and the way he works with Ginobli. Do you see how they pass and cut? How they work the ball so that everybody touches it before the shot? That's how you're supposed to play basketball.

Jmo but I find it not only boring but unwatchable. And I ain't the only one. Care to bet that the final tv ratings on this particular final series will turn out to be the lowest in years?

Appreciate what's happening? Sorry but I don't appreciate whining.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Did you notice the 3 second call on Duncan? It was exactly 3 seconds (according to the shot clock) and there was a shot about to be taken when the call was made.

Anybody wish to comment on whether on not they would have called that in high school ball?

And I agree with Chuck. I like the series.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Hey, my one and only NBA comment, couldn't resist, although I must say that whatever Chuck is drinking, I'd like some if it will let me see the NBA in the same light! Frankly, I enjoy the Discovery Channel in HD far more than the NBA. BTW, has anyone seen the Spice Channel in HD?

Any-who, anyone read the story in USA Today about how both coaches and players are a little upset over all the hoopla in the pregames?

Seems the league wants to keep up the FAN-tastic motto, while both coaches and players want to mimic the octogon's motto of, "Let's get it on!!"

I simply found it interesting after the long winded discussion some us had on the merits of the NBA and their marketing strategy.

And to make matters worse, an NBA labor dispute is looming? Say it ain't so. With the average salary pegged at a mere 4 mil per year! Ya gotta love it! After all, it is FAN-tastic.

Ahh, maybe someone otta mention to the players these 3 little letters; N-H-L?

goose