The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 11, 2005, 08:55pm
M.A.S.H.

Attended another clinic today. As stated before, I wasn't real happy with my floor time earlier in the week. So I went to this one to get some additional floor time. Got some good ideas and also learned a new rule (from a coach).

If Team A is in the front court and Team B tips the ball, and then Team A re-tips the ball into the backcourt and is the first to touch it, it is not a violation.

All in all, I was happy with my floor time today. Refnrev, wish you could have made it, I haven't seen you since the beginning of last year's season.
Old Sat Jun 11, 2005, 09:11pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Got some good ideas and also learned a new rule (from a coach).

If Team A is in the front court and Team B tips the ball, and then Team A re-tips the ball into the backcourt and is the first to touch it, it is not a violation.

That rule only applies if A1 caught his own shot with just one foot inbounds after going OOB and taking repeated shots in the lane for more than three seconds total.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

can I have an explanation, because the only time that I understand this could happen and not have a violation is on an attempted shot

Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Thats pretty interesting. Today at clinic I learned that in order to have a jump ball, atleast 2 players from each color must have their hands on the ball. Geesh, I wish I would have known this before.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 02:27am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN

can I have an explanation, because the only time that I understand this could happen and not have a violation is on an attempted shot

You've got it. I was being funny with saying it wasn't a violation. A coach told me I blew the call whenever I called a violation for that play (no shot taken). He then added that I better know these things before I go out onto the court.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 07:18am
Official Forum Member

Rev and TJones, we've got some teams in Edwardsville this weekend from your neck of the woods. Yesterday I worked Mount Vernon, Carbondale and I think one more from up there that I can't recall right now. That Carbondale team should be good this year.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 12:35pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Rev and TJones, we've got some teams in Edwardsville this weekend from your neck of the woods. Yesterday I worked Mount Vernon, Carbondale and I think one more from up there that I can't recall right now. That Carbondale team should be good this year.
I worked Mount Vernon on Tuesday at T-Town.
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

I'm trying to remember the coach, he was the big guy with messy hair? If I've got the right team, that guy was begging for calls from before the tip. He came over and told us that "these 2 teams are only about 10 miles "afart" from each other so call it close". I just cracked up when he said that they're only 10 mile "afart".
Carbondale won by 15.