The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

Brandan89's request for Part One got me to thinking. Every state HS association either has or will be sending out renewals, etc. soon. I'm curious about what each state requires for a renewal each year. I'm licensed in 2 states. One requires Part One every year. The other requires that you take it only once. Both require a rules intepretation meeting annually. One requires a clinic once each three years or probation. What does your state require to renew your licenses each year.

PS. I guess it goes without saying that both require a check for the renewal fees.
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

Curiosity killed the cat.
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 09:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

All we are required to do is pay dues. Officiating tests are used to keep officials from being on probation and possible suspension of their license. The same goes for attending rules meetings and attending camps. Basically you maintain you license by just paying dues. Nothing else is important to that process.

Peace
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Ohio requires a state rules meeting and a number of association meetings (4 mininum). One association I belong to requires 5 meetings.

Only test to get a license and to advance from Class 2 (Everything but varsity) to Class 1.
Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
A. test each year (part 1) Must score 70% or higher- if not you take part II

B. Rules Clinic

C. Dues

D. Officiated the previous year- if not take the 10 week class

E. 6 meetings a year- unless excused

Stew in VA
CVBOA

Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

PA:

1. Pass Part I (75% I think, PA guys correct me if I'm wrong...) only once for each sport.

2. Check of $33 per sport yearly.

3. Rules Interpretation meeting for each sport.

4. Minimum 6 association meetings per sport during the season.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

IN:
1. Renewal Fee every year-$50
2. Rules Interpretation Meeting every year.
3. Part II and clinic for certification every other year.
Tournament Officials must be cetrified.
4. Association Meetings.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 01:26pm
cingram

1. Rules test - Certain grade on IAABO Refresher or IAABO test (we have 4 different levels on our board to rate our officials)

2. Dues

3. Evaluation - depending on your level it may not be done every year.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by cingram
1. Rules test - Certain grade on IAABO Refresher or IAABO test (we have 4 different levels on our board to rate our officials)

2. Dues

3. Evaluation - depending on your level it may not be done every year.
Hey, babe -- you can't just sneak in here, answer one question and split. How have you been? Details, my dear, we ... okay, I ... want details.
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
All we are required to do is pay dues. Officiating tests are used to keep officials from being on probation and possible suspension of their license. The same goes for attending rules meetings and attending camps. Basically you maintain you license by just paying dues. Nothing else is important to that process.

Peace
-----------------------------------------------------------

Rut,
I'm confused about your response. If paying the money is all that the IHSA requires then why do we take Part One every year, attend rules meetings every year, and attend a clinic every three years? Why do you say that these things aren't important?
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

I am a member of a small IAABO board that is part of the larger New Hampshire IAABO board. I am not sure which requirements are dictated by IAABO and which are state or local requirements. Now, I will have to ask.

Annual Dues ($60 for 2004-2005).
Pass an open book IAABO test.
Attend annual interpretation meeting.
Attend other meetings or trainings as required. (For instance, there was a three-whistle workshop the year NH started allowing the practice.)
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

Peace

Rut,
I'm confused about your response. If paying the money is all that the IHSA requires then why do we take Part One every year, attend rules meetings every year, and attend a clinic every three years? Why do you say that these things aren't important?
To be registered in the first place you must pass Part I. If you don't attend a clinic once every 3 years, you are on probation. If your assigner doesn't care, and you don't care about working in the post season, it really doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure we have to pass Part I every year. If you don't pass the test, they don't send a new card.
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 02:15pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Grail
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

Peace

Rut,
To be registered in the first place you must pass Part I. If you don't attend a clinic once every 3 years, you are on probation. If your assigner doesn't care, and you don't care about working in the post season, it really doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure we have to pass Part I every year. If you don't pass the test, they don't send a new card.
And you don't have to even worry about NOT passing Part 1. Someone always posts the answers here before the test is written.
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

[/B][/QUOTE]And you don't have to even worry about NOT passing Part 1. Someone always posts the answers here before the test is written. [/B][/QUOTE]

And if not, just attend your association meeting. They go over the test, question by question. No problems.
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 04:20pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Grail
And you don't have to even worry about NOT passing Part 1. Someone always posts the answers here before the test is written. [/B][/QUOTE]

And if not, just attend your association meeting. They go over the test, question by question. No problems. [/B][/QUOTE]Are you saying that they go over the current year's Part 1 test and then have their members write the same test?

Please tell me that you're not saying that.