Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
I 'll do a Saturday full of 8&under games before I do one adult game.
If your goal is to move up I don't understand this mentality. If I'm not busy and physically able there aren't many games I'm going to turn down. I don't know what your experience level is but I've been doing this for a while and I still want to see plays.
I have to agree with you. My belief is that you have to work harder managing an adult game than a 8yr old game.
And the 8 year olds USUALLY don't talk as bad as the adults.
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

5 T's in a game makes for a long afternoon. Following up on camp, I went to the Iowa community college coache's camp this weekend in Iowa City. Great camp for the money. Speakers included Rick Hartzell, Jim Bain, and Randy Heimerman from DI. Good points by all and all were entertaining. One JUCO coach spoke and was great. I wish more coaches would follow his lead. Evaluators were good and nit picky. I hate going to camps and getting a pat on the butt and told that everything looks good. I'm there to be picked apart. All in all, well worth the low $50 fee. My crew had 2 T's for hanging on the rim, unfortunately both from lead. The first, on of my partner's called. I was passing because there was another player a step or so away (I was C and had the rim on this play) but my partner took it from lead. I had no problem with this call. The second came on a break away with the same partner at C and I was L. The kid hung and I waited...and waited...no one under him so I went ahead and took it. I'm sure with people my partner normally worked with, he would have jumped in right away. Either way, we got it right. My, but I'm long winded this morning.

Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
I 'll do a Saturday full of 8&under games before I do one adult game.
If your goal is to move up I don't understand this mentality. If I'm not busy and physically able there aren't many games I'm going to turn down. I don't know what your experience level is but I've been doing this for a while and I still want to see plays.
I have to agree with you. My belief is that you have to work harder managing an adult game than a 8yr old game.
Which makes it a good place to learn to manage people. If you can manage a bunch of out of shape, past their prime, ego-maniacal jerks, you can manage just about anyone. I actually took on a regular men's league assignment this year. It turned out to be a very good thing for my development.