The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Hey....How 'bout those Gray Shirts w/ Black Pinstripes - McDonald's All Stars (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19446-hey-how-bout-those-gray-shirts-w-black-pinstripes-mcdonalds-all-stars.html)

tjones1 Sat Apr 16, 2005 02:16pm

Quote:

Originally posted by proref27
Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
H.S. shot clock: yuck

gray officiating shirts: who cares

MTD, Sr.

__________________________________________________ _________

Gray Shirts - Yuck!
HS Shot clock - Double Yuck!!!!

I don't really care wether or not you like a shirt or not, but what do you have against the shot clock?? It would make the high school game so much better. Have you ever worked with a shot clock??

Yes I have..... it's currently 8 minutes and I hope it stays that way. ;)

proref27 Sat Apr 16, 2005 03:35pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MTD, Sr.

Gray Shirts - Yuck!

I don't really care wether or not you like a shirt or not, but what do you have against the shot clock?? It would make the high school game so much better. Have you ever worked with a shot clock??

Yes, I have officiated games using a shot clock. I have 31 years experience officiating games using a shot clock: 31 years as a women's college basketball official, 12 years of officiating men's college game, and I have officiated six AAU girls' and one AAU women's national championship tournaments. I have also been a USA Basketball Referee for 13 years. As an official I could care less whether that game is played using a shot clock or not, I just do not like it from a personal perspective. Heck, the NBA cannot even average 100 points a game with a shot clock.

MTD, Sr.

Well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I can't imagine someone who has worked games as long as you have with a shot clock not liking it. Not so much the scoring averages that I care about, but the pace of the game is quicker and you don't get those teams who like to get a lead and stall. I hate when a team in high school pulls out 4 corners to stall the game.

proref27 Sat Apr 16, 2005 03:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MTD, Sr.

Gray Shirts - Yuck!

Yes I have..... it's currently 8 minutes and I hope it stays that way. ;)

You might feel different if you had expierence working with one.

tjones1 Sat Apr 16, 2005 03:46pm

I agree. I might like it if I get the chance to work with one. But I hope I don't run into it at the high school level.

refnrev Sat Apr 16, 2005 04:51pm

Quote:

Well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I can't imagine someone who has worked games as long as you have with a shot clock not liking it. Not so much the scoring averages that I care about, but the pace of the game is quicker and you don't get those teams who like to get a lead and stall. I hate when a team in high school pulls out 4 corners to stall the game. [/B]

proref27,
You gotta be kidding me. Haven't you ever seen a less talented team stay in a game and even come out on top by taking the air out of the ball against a run and gun team? That's part of the beauty of high school ball. We haven't turned it into a scorefest. And, when you think about it, to run a four corner stall actually requires a team to be able to dribble, pass, and cut to the ball -- you know, fundamental skills that seem to be lacking everywhere we look today.

26 Year Gap Sat Apr 16, 2005 05:11pm

Retro would be that bowtie thing like in Hoosiers.

imaref Sun Apr 17, 2005 05:37pm

Quote:

Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Retro would be that bowtie thing like in Hoosiers.
Thanks, 26-year-gap.....
.....for getting us back on the "shirts" topic! :D

wl