The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Hey....How 'bout those Gray Shirts w/ Black Pinstripes - McDonald's All Stars (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19446-hey-how-bout-those-gray-shirts-w-black-pinstripes-mcdonalds-all-stars.html)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:13pm

H.S. shot clock: yuck

gray officiating shirts: who cares

MTD, Sr.

refnrev Sat Apr 02, 2005 06:14pm

I'll say it once again, just as I did on another post, I'd rather be a zebra than a jack ***!" And no one has ever said how they will look with the fishnets.(LOL)

Camron Rust Mon Apr 04, 2005 01:49pm

Re: Canada echoes your opinion!

Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:

Originally posted by Nevadaref
Shot clock = good
grey shirts = bad

(Spelling corrected.)

Why? Both grey and gray are correct according to dictionary.com. Just one is more preferred in the US vs. England.

Back In The Saddle Mon Apr 04, 2005 02:08pm

Re: Re: Canada echoes your opinion!

Quote:

Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:

Quote:

Shot clock = good
grey shirts = bad

(Spelling corrected.)

Why? Both grey and gray are correct according to dictionary.com. Just one is more preferred in the US vs. England.

That was just one of our neighbors to the north performing a little I18N ;)

refnrev Tue Apr 05, 2005 07:59am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

MTD, Sr.

__________________________________________________ _________

Gray Shirts - Yuck!
HS Shot clock - Double Yuck!!!!

Nevadaref Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:06am

Re: Re: Canada echoes your opinion!

Quote:

Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:

Quote:

Shot clock = good
grey shirts = bad

(Spelling corrected.)

What's amusing is that I purposely spelled gray the American way so as not to be Euro. :D

proref27 Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tomegun
I wasn't speaking for myself. I wear Underarmour or Nike compression underneath. I thought about this because Donnee Gray is the JUCO assigner for Maryland and he specifically told everyone to bring two shirts so you can change at halftime if sweat is showing. I don't have to change but my partner forgot his shirt my first game last season and we are about the same size. :D
Go MACBOA!!

Grey shirts look much better...more professional. I heard Guthrie wants the NCAA to OK them and use them in the SEC. He called those who don't want to change "helmet heads". I wish they get rid of the pin stripes and just have a grey shirt with a black vent/stripe under the arms...NBA style. I like the B/W stiped shirts with the solid black vent too.

Camron Rust Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally posted by proref27
Quote:

Originally posted by tomegun
I wasn't speaking for myself. I wear Underarmour or Nike compression underneath. I thought about this because Donnee Gray is the JUCO assigner for Maryland and he specifically told everyone to bring two shirts so you can change at halftime if sweat is showing. I don't have to change but my partner forgot his shirt my first game last season and we are about the same size. :D
Go MACBOA!!

Grey shirts look much better...more professional. I heard Guthrie wants the NCAA to OK them and use them in the SEC. He called those who don't want to change "helmet heads". I wish they get rid of the pin stripes and just have a grey shirt with a black vent/stripe under the arms...NBA style. I like the B/W stiped shirts with the solid black vent too.

And if we were wearing grey and NBA were wearing black/white as we do now, the same group of people would be clamoring for black/white in NCAA and HS.

Back In The Saddle Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:56pm

I really liked the look of the gray shirt with the black sleeves in the second block/charge/blarge video. I wonder what league that is, and would they pay travel? :D

proref27 Fri Apr 15, 2005 01:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

MTD, Sr.

Gray Shirts - Yuck!

I don't really care wether or not you like a shirt or not, but what do you have against the shot clock?? It would make the high school game so much better. Have you ever worked with a shot clock??

proref27 Fri Apr 15, 2005 01:16pm

[QUOTE [/B]

And if we were wearing grey and NBA were wearing black/white as we do now, the same group of people would be clamoring for black/white in NCAA and HS. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's just a shirt...either you like it or you don't. Doesn't affect the game or the quality of the official.

26 Year Gap Fri Apr 15, 2005 06:58pm

I remember the predecessor to the zebra when I was a board official the first time. We use the gray as an alternate here. Some guys like 'em. Some guys don't. Fans & coaches have complimented them. But what the heck do THEY know? ;)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Apr 15, 2005 08:55pm

Quote:

Originally posted by proref27
Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

MTD, Sr.

Gray Shirts - Yuck!

I don't really care wether or not you like a shirt or not, but what do you have against the shot clock?? It would make the high school game so much better. Have you ever worked with a shot clock??

Yes, I have officiated games using a shot clock. I have 31 years experience officiating games using a shot clock: 31 years as a women's college basketball official, 12 years of officiating men's college game, and I have officiated six AAU girls' and one AAU women's national championship tournaments. I have also been a USA Basketball Referee for 13 years. As an official I could care less whether that game is played using a shot clock or not, I just do not like it from a personal perspective. Heck, the NBA cannot even average 100 points a game with a shot clock.

MTD, Sr.

lrpalmer3 Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13pm

I know this thread is already long enough, but...

One of the officials of the McD's game had sweat showing on his chest. That looked terrible. I'm not a sweater, and I weat the McDavid shirt too, but my partner may be a sweater and go without the undershirt. If that's the case, he'll make both of us look bad.

If we all go to NBA grey, they'll go to black and white and call it retro.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Apr 16, 2005 09:57am

Quote:

Originally posted by lrpalmer3
I know this thread is already long enough, but...

If we all go to NBA grey, they'll go to black and white and call it retro.

ROFLMAO