The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 17, 2005, 07:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: There is hope

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown

This just might be the most insightful comment I have ever heard you make, Jeff! And grammatically correct with no misspellings!
Sorry I cannot return the comments back to you. I am still waiting for that day from you.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 17, 2005, 08:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question Re: There is hope

Quote:
But let me stress the word "CAUSED." Often the person we call the OOB on is the one that caused it to go OOB. Hence the one that slapped the ball is the one that caused it to go OOB.
Are you saying you "often" ignore the ball hitting B1 prior to going OOB and rule A1 "caused" it to go OOB because A1 originally threw it? I can't imagine that's what you mean here, but that's what it sounds like.
Old Fri Mar 18, 2005, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: There is hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
But let me stress the word "CAUSED." Often the person we call the OOB on is the one that caused it to go OOB. Hence the one that slapped the ball is the one that caused it to go OOB.
Are you saying you "often" ignore the ball hitting B1 prior to going OOB and rule A1 "caused" it to go OOB because A1 originally threw it? I can't imagine that's what you mean here, but that's what it sounds like.
Absolutely not. No. And if you took my post out of the context of the rest of this thread, I suppose you might get that idea.

However, I believe the original question involved a defender hitting someone's hand that is holding the ball. The defender never touched the ball but hit the offensive player's hand and the ball was knocked free and, not touched again, went OOB.

Mark, are you telling me that you would call this OOB off of the offensive player? I doubt it, very seriously. Just a rhetorical question.

I also suggested that the same reasoning might have been used by an earlier poster that said he might ignore a ball that touches the tips of a player's hair and then goes out of bounds. Was that a hair that touched the ball? The sound of a single hair touching a flying ball can be pretty distinctive.

I believe it was you (I didn't go check the previous posts, but I thought it was you) that suggested you would not call it OOB off a player's aura... how about if they breathed on it, or better yet spit on it as it went by? OOB on the spitter. Non-spitter's ball.

What if they cause the ball to go OOB by telekinesis? Who did that?

Facetious from beginning to end...