The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 05:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Guys - I know you're not going to believe this, but I swear on Earl Strom's whistle it happened.

Our local rec league is winding down and I had three 7th grade boys games this morning. The first two went really smooth. The third one was much rougher and it was during this game I heard what I thought I would never hear.

We have a rule in this league in grades 3-8 (the league goes through HS) that any profanity - and I mean any - is an automatic flagrant technical. Halfway through the third quarter, A1 misses a wide open layup and yells SHI* at the top of his lungs. My partner was lead. He had no choice. He rings the kid up and tells the coach it's flagrant and the kid is through for the day.

The coach says (here it comes - I hope you're sitting down), "You mean he's ejaculated?"

Both my partner and I look at each other with our eyes wide open and our mouths the same. I immediately thought of about 10 smarta$$ comments, but thought I'd just be quiet. My partner says, "Yeah, coach. He is."

The coach says, "That's ridiculous" and a few other choice comments. Here's where it gets really funny.

My partner tells him that if he doesn't knock it off, the player won't be the only "ejaculation". The coach shuts up and sits down. By this time, I had to walk away to avoid rolling on the court laughing.

My partner came over to me and said, "You know, any more ejaculations and this game is going to get real sloppy." That did it. I cracked up for about two minutes.

BTW - my partner is my son-in-law. I hope he doesn't talk this way in front of the grandkids.
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Guys - I know you're not going to believe this, but I swear on Earl Strom's whistle it happened.

Our local rec league is winding down and I had three 7th grade boys games this morning. The first two went really smooth. The third one was much rougher and it was during this game I heard what I thought I would never hear.

We have a rule in this league in grades 3-8 (the league goes through HS) that any profanity - and I mean any - is an automatic flagrant technical. Halfway through the third quarter, A1 misses a wide open layup and yells SHI* at the top of his lungs. My partner was lead. He had no choice. He rings the kid up and tells the coach it's flagrant and the kid is through for the day.

The coach says (here it comes - I hope you're sitting down), "You mean he's ejaculated?"

Both my partner and I look at each other with our eyes wide open and our mouths the same. I immediately thought of about 10 smarta$$ comments, but thought I'd just be quiet. My partner says, "Yeah, coach. He is."

The coach says, "That's ridiculous" and a few other choice comments. Here's where it gets really funny.

My partner tells him that if he doesn't knock it off, the player won't be the only "ejaculation". The coach shuts up and sits down. By this time, I had to walk away to avoid rolling on the court laughing.

My partner came over to me and said, "You know, any more ejaculations and this game is going to get real sloppy." That did it. I cracked up for about two minutes.

BTW - my partner is my son-in-law. I hope he doesn't talk this way in front of the grandkids.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 06:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

You shoulda said "Come again?".
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 07:45pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Stop it. You guys are whoopin' my a$$! Too funny.

Make it stop. It hurts.
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 08:18pm
M.A.S.H.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

I think we have a weiner winner!!

[Edited by tjones1 on Mar 5th, 2005 at 08:23 PM]
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

That's only because he thinks you guys screwed him.
Old Sun Mar 06, 2005, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Good use of "fluid" mechanics! In a three-man crew this situation should have been handled by the "c"-man.
Old Sun Mar 06, 2005, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Hey hey hey! There are ladies present!
Old Sun Mar 06, 2005, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

You didn't have to start out the thread by saying this really happened. Of course it did....you just can't make this kind of stuff up.
Old Sun Mar 06, 2005, 11:12pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Boiler14
You didn't have to start out the thread by saying this really happened. Of course it did....you just can't make this kind of stuff up.
Well, actually I can. But I didn't this time.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 12:46pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally posted by Boiler14
Thank GOD the Purdue Basketball season is over (bar the B10 tourney).