The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I swear this happened (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18946-i-swear-happened.html)

Mark Padgett Sat Mar 05, 2005 05:38pm

Guys - I know you're not going to believe this, but I swear on Earl Strom's whistle it happened.

Our local rec league is winding down and I had three 7th grade boys games this morning. The first two went really smooth. The third one was much rougher and it was during this game I heard what I thought I would never hear.

We have a rule in this league in grades 3-8 (the league goes through HS) that any profanity - and I mean any - is an automatic flagrant technical. Halfway through the third quarter, A1 misses a wide open layup and yells SHI* at the top of his lungs. My partner was lead. He had no choice. He rings the kid up and tells the coach it's flagrant and the kid is through for the day.

The coach says (here it comes - I hope you're sitting down), "You mean he's ejaculated?"

Both my partner and I look at each other with our eyes wide open and our mouths the same. I immediately thought of about 10 smarta$$ comments, but thought I'd just be quiet. My partner says, "Yeah, coach. He is."

The coach says, "That's ridiculous" and a few other choice comments. Here's where it gets really funny.

My partner tells him that if he doesn't knock it off, the player won't be the only "ejaculation". The coach shuts up and sits down. By this time, I had to walk away to avoid rolling on the court laughing.

My partner came over to me and said, "You know, any more ejaculations and this game is going to get real sloppy." That did it. I cracked up for about two minutes.

BTW - my partner is my son-in-law. I hope he doesn't talk this way in front of the grandkids.

ref18 Sat Mar 05, 2005 05:45pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Guys - I know you're not going to believe this, but I swear on Earl Strom's whistle it happened.

Our local rec league is winding down and I had three 7th grade boys games this morning. The first two went really smooth. The third one was much rougher and it was during this game I heard what I thought I would never hear.

We have a rule in this league in grades 3-8 (the league goes through HS) that any profanity - and I mean any - is an automatic flagrant technical. Halfway through the third quarter, A1 misses a wide open layup and yells SHI* at the top of his lungs. My partner was lead. He had no choice. He rings the kid up and tells the coach it's flagrant and the kid is through for the day.

The coach says (here it comes - I hope you're sitting down), "You mean he's ejaculated?"

Both my partner and I look at each other with our eyes wide open and our mouths the same. I immediately thought of about 10 smarta$$ comments, but thought I'd just be quiet. My partner says, "Yeah, coach. He is."

The coach says, "That's ridiculous" and a few other choice comments. Here's where it gets really funny.

My partner tells him that if he doesn't knock it off, the player won't be the only "ejaculation". The coach shuts up and sits down. By this time, I had to walk away to avoid rolling on the court laughing.

My partner came over to me and said, "You know, any more ejaculations and this game is going to get real sloppy." That did it. I cracked up for about two minutes.

BTW - my partner is my son-in-law. I hope he doesn't talk this way in front of the grandkids.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!:D:D:D:D

Jurassic Referee Sat Mar 05, 2005 06:46pm

Quote:

You shoulda said "Come again?".

Adam Sat Mar 05, 2005 07:45pm

Stop it. You guys are whoopin' my a$$! Too funny.

Make it stop. It hurts.

tjones1 Sat Mar 05, 2005 08:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

I think we have a <s>weiner</s> winner!! :D:D

[Edited by tjones1 on Mar 5th, 2005 at 08:23 PM]

dblref Sat Mar 05, 2005 08:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

That's only because he thinks you guys screwed him.:D

SeeDubYa Sun Mar 06, 2005 04:17pm

Good use of "fluid" mechanics! In a three-man crew this situation should have been handled by the "c"-man.

zebra44 Sun Mar 06, 2005 06:51pm

Hey hey hey! There are ladies present!

Boiler14 Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:45pm

You didn't have to start out the thread by saying this really happened. Of course it did....you just can't make this kind of stuff up.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:12pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Boiler14
You didn't have to start out the thread by saying this really happened. Of course it did....you just can't make this kind of stuff up.
Well, actually I can. But I didn't this time. :p

w_sohl Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Boiler14
Thank GOD the Purdue Basketball season is over (bar the B10 tourney).