Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:
Quote:
do you wear patent leather or regular leather? I'm talking about what referee shoes you wear with fishnets, not even curious about your patent leather fishnets.
All-black patent-leather referees shoes with a 5-inch spiked heal and a matching strap are de rigeur for the well-dressed Portland official.

It's kind of a west coast thing.
Yea, I figured. Cuz they don't wear those here in St. Louis. Hey, on the brighter side, we do wear flannel material stripes.
In Portland, the striped shirts are made from only the finest imported silks. Of course, a black push-up bra is also always worn underneath. Even by some of the female officials too.
I wonder if the rain will hurt the rhubarb?
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do you wear patent leather or regular leather? I'm talking about what referee shoes you wear with fishnets, not even curious about your patent leather fishnets.
All-black patent-leather referees shoes with a 5-inch spiked heal and a matching strap are de rigeur for the well-dressed Portland official.

It's kind of a west coast thing.
Yea, I figured. Cuz they don't wear those here in St. Louis. Hey, on the brighter side, we do wear flannel material stripes.
In Portland, the striped shirts are made from only the finest imported silks. Of course, a black push-up bra is also always worn underneath. Even by some of the female officials too.
I wonder if the rain will hurt the rhubarb?
If the rhubarb is genetically adapted to the Northwest, it THRIVES in the rain!
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 12:14pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

I invite all of you to visit Oregon during our annual rain festival. It runs from January 1st through December 31st every year.
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Snow is quieter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I invite all of you to visit Oregon during our annual rain festival. It runs from January 1st through December 31st every year.
After I retired a couple of years ago, I worked as a parkhost for Oregon State Parks... A beautiful park on the Chetco River outside of Brookings, OR...
Having spent most of my life in the desert, I truly love the colour change.... Anything I thought was better than brown...
Until I discovered the three M's... Mold, Mildew, and Moss... I couldn't believe how quickly it grew.. There'd be days when I'd nap while fishing in a downpour and when I woke my yellow slicker would be a light green!
Montana on the other hand is almost as green, but the snow is a lot quieter on the top of my camper...

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Snow is quieter

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Curious

Until I discovered the three M's... Mold, Mildew, and Moss... I couldn't believe how quickly it grew..
When I was growing up, there was often a cake sitting on the counter at home that we could have for snacks or dessert. When I married and moved to Coos Bay (actually Eastside, but who's counting?), I continued the tradition, except that I didn't count on the mold and mildew which grew before the cake could dry out. All my home ec, out the window.
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 07:01pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by thee xbear
OOOOOO, yo' scare me..... an' t'let yo' know, yall is in th' dickshunary.... an' fo' sayin' Bubba-Bod, git out, see th' country, instead of stayin' in yer li'l closed mind an' stayin' home at night watchin' yer favo'ite Burt Reynolds movie 'Delivahance'. We does have real cities down hyar in th' South in case yo' didnt knows thet.... by all means, Im fo' thet, but whuffo' didnt yo' say thet in t'other thread t'him, dawgone it. An' pow'ful look at this hyar topic, this hyar topic is pow'ful a-gonna he'p out refs. Thets whuffo' ah moved it on over hyar instead of t'other one.... Now, yo' may hoof it an' say th' same thin' on over on t'other thread thet yo' jest said t'me....o' JUST LET IT GO... an' t'other thin', ah stated mah opinon on th' topic, an' ev'ryone else got off topic.....so dont point th' finger at me.....
How did that get in there?

Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by thee xbear
OOOOOO, yo' scare me..... an' t'let yo' know, yall is in th' dickshunary.... an' fo' sayin' Bubba-Bod, git out, see th' country, instead of stayin' in yer li'l closed mind an' stayin' home at night watchin' yer favo'ite Burt Reynolds movie 'Delivahance'. We does have real cities down hyar in th' South in case yo' didnt knows thet.... by all means, Im fo' thet, but whuffo' didnt yo' say thet in t'other thread t'him, dawgone it. An' pow'ful look at this hyar topic, this hyar topic is pow'ful a-gonna he'p out refs. Thets whuffo' ah moved it on over hyar instead of t'other one.... Now, yo' may hoof it an' say th' same thin' on over on t'other thread thet yo' jest said t'me....o' JUST LET IT GO... an' t'other thin', ah stated mah opinon on th' topic, an' ev'ryone else got off topic.....so dont point th' finger at me.....
How did that get in there?

Don't worry, it's good for the rhubarb