The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

I've been reading the threads on traveling and I need some help. Recent GV game, post player with ball establishes left foot as pivot foot. She lifts pivot foot and I call travel. I think I may have been a little premature in the call. I understand from previous threads that if the pivot foot is lifted the player may pass or attempt a try. It looks like I need to see what the player does after lifting the pivot foot before making any call such that it is only a travel if the pivot foot returns to the floor after no pass or try. I'm a secod year rookie so all help is appreciated.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pbrad59
I've been reading the threads on traveling and I need some help. Recent GV game, post player with ball establishes left foot as pivot foot. She lifts pivot foot and I call travel. I think I may have been a little premature in the call. I understand from previous threads that if the pivot foot is lifted the player may pass or attempt a try. It looks like I need to see what the player does after lifting the pivot foot before making any call such that it is only a travel if the pivot foot returns to the floor after no pass or try. I'm a secod year rookie so all help is appreciated.
You are correct - you missed the call, but your understanding of the rule shows that you won't miss it the next time. This is how we get better.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 11:54am
In Memoriam

Arrow Like Smitty said.

Quote:
Originally posted by pbrad59
I understand from previous threads that if the pivot foot is lifted the player may pass or attempt a try. It looks like I need to see what the player does after lifting the pivot foot before making any call such that it is only a travel if the pivot foot returns to the floor after no pass or try. I'm a secod year rookie so all help is appreciated.
pbrad59,
You got it.
Lots of vets still do not know that rule.
mick

See the enire play.