The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1
Player fouled, shooting 2 shots. Team A takes a time out. Players return to floor. No subs. Player shoots first FT. Then a sub is buzzed in. Player makes 2nd free throw, a second sub is buzzed in.

Question: Neither sub was available before the first horn. Obviously no time off the clock during the admin of freethrows. Should the subs have been allowed to enter?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 01:56pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally posted by oldnewref
Player fouled, shooting 2 shots. Team A takes a time out. Players return to floor. No subs. Player shoots first FT. Then a sub is buzzed in. Player makes 2nd free throw, a second sub is buzzed in.

Question: Neither sub was available before the first horn. Obviously no time off the clock during the admin of freethrows. Should the subs have been allowed to enter?
Yes, as per rule 3-3-1(c).
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:14am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,955
Yep!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:18am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,466
Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Yep!
If you keep posting like that, you'll catch up with mick and Jurassic real quick!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:27am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,955
Question

rainmaker,
I don't understand what that means?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 08:33am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Yep!
If you keep posting like that, you'll catch up with mick and Jurassic real quick!
Uh-huh.
__________________
"To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all."
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 09:45am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,466
Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
rainmaker,
I don't understand what that means?
Sometimes it looks as though people post things here just to get their "number of posts" score up. Things like "LOL", "you bet!" and so on. There's nothing wrong with that. I was just joshin' ya. (cute little smilie with a toothy grin)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 10:38am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,955
Question

OK. I need to plead ignorance here. Is there some reason one would want to get their number of posts up? I'm still new to this thing -- and really enjoy it. I thought maybe I inadvertently (I hate that word when I use it before the phrase "blew the whistle!) said or did something offensive and couldn't figure it out. Glad to know that wasn;t the case. I also don't know the people well enough to realize those things. Thanks for the heads up. But again, why would someone want their number of posts up?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 11:12am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
OK. I need to plead ignorance here. Is there some reason one would want to get their number of posts up? I'm still new to this thing -- and really enjoy it. I thought maybe I inadvertently (I hate that word when I use it before the phrase "blew the whistle!) said or did something offensive and couldn't figure it out. Glad to know that wasn;t the case. I also don't know the people well enough to realize those things. Thanks for the heads up. But again, why would someone want their number of posts up?
I don't know! 59, 60, 61 (wow). Just kidding!
__________________
"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability."
- John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
OK. I need to plead ignorance here. Is there some reason one would want to get their number of posts up? I'm still new to this thing -- and really enjoy it. I thought maybe I inadvertently (I hate that word when I use it before the phrase "blew the whistle!) said or did something offensive and couldn't figure it out. Glad to know that wasn;t the case. I also don't know the people well enough to realize those things. Thanks for the heads up. But again, why would someone want their number of posts up?
Well, there used to be a list of the "top ten" prolific posters. That's been disabled, though, so it's just for show on each post now.
__________________
"To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1