The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   substitutes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18000-substitutes.html)

oldnewref Fri Jan 28, 2005 01:36pm

Player fouled, shooting 2 shots. Team A takes a time out. Players return to floor. No subs. Player shoots first FT. Then a sub is buzzed in. Player makes 2nd free throw, a second sub is buzzed in.

Question: Neither sub was available before the first horn. Obviously no time off the clock during the admin of freethrows. Should the subs have been allowed to enter?

Jurassic Referee Fri Jan 28, 2005 01:56pm

Quote:

Originally posted by oldnewref
Player fouled, shooting 2 shots. Team A takes a time out. Players return to floor. No subs. Player shoots first FT. Then a sub is buzzed in. Player makes 2nd free throw, a second sub is buzzed in.

Question: Neither sub was available before the first horn. Obviously no time off the clock during the admin of freethrows. Should the subs have been allowed to enter?

Yes, as per rule 3-3-1(c).

refnrev Sat Jan 29, 2005 01:14am

Yep!

rainmaker Sat Jan 29, 2005 01:18am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Yep!
If you keep posting like that, you'll catch up with mick and Jurassic real quick!

refnrev Sat Jan 29, 2005 01:27am

rainmaker,
I don't understand what that means?

Mark Dexter Sat Jan 29, 2005 08:33am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Yep!
If you keep posting like that, you'll catch up with mick and Jurassic real quick!

Uh-huh. :p

rainmaker Sat Jan 29, 2005 09:45am

Quote:

rainmaker,
I don't understand what that means?

Sometimes it looks as though people post things here just to get their "number of posts" score up. Things like "LOL", "you bet!" and so on. There's nothing wrong with that. I was just joshin' ya. (cute little smilie with a toothy grin)

refnrev Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:38am

OK. I need to plead ignorance here. Is there some reason one would want to get their number of posts up? I'm still new to this thing -- and really enjoy it. I thought maybe I inadvertently (I hate that word when I use it before the phrase "blew the whistle!) said or did something offensive and couldn't figure it out. Glad to know that wasn;t the case. I also don't know the people well enough to realize those things. Thanks for the heads up. But again, why would someone want their number of posts up?

eventnyc Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:12am

Quote:

OK. I need to plead ignorance here. Is there some reason one would want to get their number of posts up? I'm still new to this thing -- and really enjoy it. I thought maybe I inadvertently (I hate that word when I use it before the phrase "blew the whistle!) said or did something offensive and couldn't figure it out. Glad to know that wasn;t the case. I also don't know the people well enough to realize those things. Thanks for the heads up. But again, why would someone want their number of posts up?
I don't know! 59, 60, 61 (wow). Just kidding!

Mark Dexter Sat Jan 29, 2005 01:48pm

Quote:

Well, there used to be a list of the "top ten" prolific posters. That's been disabled, though, so it's just for show on each post now.